CNET Editors' review
If you're looking for a full-featured image editor at a relatively low price, Pixelmator fills the bill nicely. Sporting a smooth Mac-friendly interface, Pixelmator offers a layout much like Adobe Photoshop with separate toolbars offering standard selector and paint brush type tools, a color-picker, a layer manager, and a brush picker with large array of options, from "follow direction" to multiple jitter settings. Pixelmator also has support for Adobe Photoshop brushes.
Also like Photoshop, Pixelmator comes with all the image manipulation tools you might need for adjusting color, saturation, brightness and contrast, and many more. If you want to add effects to your images, you can pick from several different common filters like distortion, blur, sharpen, halftone, and stylize, along with more esoteric filters like clouds and noise. Essentially, Pixelmator gives you a lot of the same tools, effects, filters, and capabilities (like save for Web and trim) that you would find in Photoshop, though you won't find many of Photoshop's more advanced tools.
Perhaps the biggest difference most users with above average image editing needs will notice is Pixelmator's price ($59). It's important to note the demo version watermarks all your images, but once you see the amount of features this app has, you probably won't mind paying for all that functionality.Pixelmator - Create, edit, and enhance images on your Mac - Download Video Previews:
From Pixelmator Team:
Pixelmator is an image editor for Mac OS X that allows you to create, edit, and enhance your images. Interface designed for work with images, layers-based image editing, use over 20 tools for selecting, crop, painting, retouching, typing, measuring, and navigation. Use over 15 color correction tools, use over 50 filters, adjust image size and resolution. Transform images, layers or selections using transform tools, fill and stroke images, layers or selections, photo browser offers quick access to iPhoto Library, events, albums, smart albums, and pictures folder. Use your iSight camera to add pictures to your compositions. Includes automator actions for converting, resizing, enhancing, adding special effects, and transforming images. Image processing is powered by core image and open GL.
What's new in this version:
- Improves compatibility with the new Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Preview image files of different formats directly in Windows Ex...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 23 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Rubbish without a bin."
Version: Pixelmator 1.6.7
Does photo editing
Hard to navigate, badly laid out, tricky, have to watch videos and tutorials to figure out how to do basic things.
I have a Windows product that is 10 times easier to use and has more flexibility like photo stitching which I would consider a basic editing function. I haven't even found it on Pixelmator because I couldn't be bothered trying to find out what they call it or how they achieve it, if in fact it can be done with this software. For a Mac product it is a total let down. Imagine a Windows product out gunning a Mac one?..... If I could get a refund I would, and look for something else. But typically of these software companies making millions, it's just all too hard. I'd say this is total crap but you can do most things on it. It's just hard to use.... I use ArcSoft Photo 2000 which does everything easier. Adding txt, stamps, cropping, stitching.... is all so much easier. Pixelmator is rubbish.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content