From Suntzu Software:
PictureSMS is the premiere application for the Treo that utilizes picture caller ID on incoming SMS. It implements effective and easy-to-use user interface for sending and receiving text messages while being fashionable and attractive at the same time. TreoÃ?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¢Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¬Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¢s built-in messaging application is so bare and really basic, so it has become boring most of the time. PictureSMS provides everything that the built-in has plus tons of more new cool and useful features, such as Picture caller ID, MP3 message tone, SMS blocking, Text Scheduler, Memo and text file utilization, plus a lot more. This is the best replacement SMS application for Treo.
Want to schedule a message to send at a specific date and time? Now you can. One of the main features of PictureSMS is the Text Scheduler. Unlike the built-in messaging program, which limits you to only sending messages manually, the Text Scheduler has the ability to schedule outgoing messages automatically.
Export SMS to Memo (For viewing your SMS on your PC thru Hotsync)
Export SMS to text file (For printing your SMS on your PC)
Option to suppress SMS popup
Utilizes the Treo built-in Memo and Address Book/Contacts
Test the media setting before enabling it
Dial the number of the sender directly from PictureSMS
Better SMS forwarding implementation
Unlimited multiple recipients (Send to Many)
Add a new contact in Address Book directly from PictureSMS
Character and SMS counter
Send and receive unlimited SMS length
Option to save all incoming SMS to Memo in real-time
Can work with other ringtone manager (LightWav, CallFilter, Ringo, etc)
Safety feature on sending to many recipients
Option to automatically disable keyguard when an SMS has been received
Send scheduled SMS to unlimited/multiple recipients
Option to show SMS picture ID in black & white
Supports pictures and sound files located in the RAM (Treo internal memory)
Check radio and signal quality before sending
Integrated nag alert on unattended SMS
Quick reply button. No more reason for late reply.
Full Integration with Treo's NAND system which is deeper than the DBCache. This results to more stable SMS handling and better protection against SMS loss during crashes and sudden loss of battery charge.
Replaces textual emoticons with graphical ones. Full support for the Treo's built-in emoticons.
Supports clickable link for email addresses and URLs.
Ability to change the color of the text chat window.
Ability to change the display name in the text chat window.
Supports bigger font in text chat and new SMS windows.
Option to use date/time system format.
Option to hide the SMS when the New Text Message window appears.
1. Picture ID in the chat thread. LilPic's pictures will be used. If you are still using small pictures like the 30x37 pixel, we suggest you to use a bigger picture to get the best out of this cool new feature. You have to enable this option in pSMSÃ¯Â¿Â½ Preferences.
2. Save or Draft Folder. This folder can store draft SMS for future sending, SMS that has high importance or has sentimental value, and frequently forwarded/sent SMS. Basically, any text message is possible to save here. Examples are draft SMS, favorite quotes from our love ones, reminders by SMS, greetings, etc. SMS can be transferred here from any form that shows SMS (SMS Chat thread, SMS Scheduler, Quick Reply, Compose form). From the Save folder, you can automatically transfer it to SMS Scheduler or Compose SMS form for easier sending. The order is by the saved date.
3. Option to breakdown long SMS to individual 160-character SMS. A must have for Sprint network subscribers.
4. Hide timestamps option in chat threads.
5. SMS Export to Comma Separated Values (CSV) File format. One of the advantages is the ease of viewing of the tabulated SMS on the desktop or Treo on-board document reader (if installed). Microsoft Excel and Open Office supported.
6. Copy Phone # to clipboard menu in the chat threads.
7. vCard or Business card handling is now supported. Yes, the technology behind vCardManager is now on PictureSMS. vCardManager is still available for the built-in messaging app users and it can still be used by pSMS users by turning this feature off.
8. After sending an SMS via the Quick Reply, form will now automatically close after the SMS has been successfully sent.
9. Added "FW:" on the forwarded SMS.
10. Added "Add Unlisted Contact" option in SMS Scheduler.
11. Option to automatically exit a form when a message is copied to Saved folder.
12. Restore pSMS databases from card backup to the RAM.
13. Way better navigation.
14. "Edit" context menu.
15. Better Picture handling.
16. Faster and more graceful exit.
17. Fixed screen not turning on if new SMS has arrived and SMS reminder has triggered (on some Centro and Treo).
18. Fixed LilPic and sound file lists are now sorted.
19. Fixed conflicting menu shortcut for View/Go to Top menu and Edit Copy Text menu. The latter is now assigned to menu J.
20. Fixed Refresh after single SMS deletion.
21. Fixed database not open error after deleting a Blocked number.
22. Fixed missing separator line on the SMS chat form after sending an SMS.