PictureSMS is the premiere application for the Treo that utilizes picture caller ID on incoming SMS. It implements effective and easy-to-use user interface for sending and receiving text messages while being fashionable and attractive at the same time. TreoÃ?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¢Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¬Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â¢s built-in messaging application is so bare and really basic, so it has become boring most of the time. PictureSMS provides everything that the built-in has plus tons of more new cool and useful features, such as Picture caller ID, MP3 message tone, SMS blocking, Text Scheduler, Memo and text file utilization, plus a lot more. This is the best replacement SMS application for Treo.
Want to schedule a message to send at a specific date and time? Now you can. One of the main features of PictureSMS is the Text Scheduler. Unlike the built-in messaging program, which limits you to only sending messages manually, the Text Scheduler has the ability to schedule outgoing messages automatically.
- Picture SMS Caller ID
- SMS Scheduler
- WAV/MP3 message tone (requires Pocket Tunes)
- SMS chat mode design
- Option to block unwanted SMS or sender
- SMS backup solution
- SMS Statistics (Incoming, outgoing, blocked SMS count)
- Export SMS to Memo (For viewing your SMS on your PC thru Hotsync)
- Export SMS to text file (For printing your SMS on your PC)
- Option to suppress SMS popup
- Utilizes the Treo built-in Memo and Address Book/Contacts
- Test the media setting before enabling it
- Dial the number of the sender directly from PictureSMS
- Better SMS forwarding implementation
- Unlimited multiple recipients (Send to Many)
- Add a new contact in Address Book directly from PictureSMS
- Character and SMS counter
- Send and receive unlimited SMS length
- Intuitive interface
- Option to save all incoming SMS to Memo in real-time
- Can work with other ringtone manager (LightWav, CallFilter, Ringo, etc)
- Safety feature on sending to many recipients
- Option to automatically disable keyguard when an SMS has been received
- Send scheduled SMS to unlimited/multiple recipients
- Option to show SMS picture ID in black & white
- Supports pictures and sound files located in the RAM (Treo internal memory)
- Check radio and signal quality before sending
- Integrated nag alert on unattended SMS
- Quick reply button. No more reason for late reply.
- Full Integration with Treo's NAND system which is deeper than the DBCache. This results to more stable SMS handling and better protection against SMS loss during crashes and sudden loss of battery charge.
- Replaces textual emoticons with graphical ones. Full support for the Treo's built-in emoticons.
- Supports clickable link for email addresses and URLs.
- Ability to change the color of the text chat window.
- Ability to change the display name in the text chat window.
- Supports bigger font in text chat and new SMS windows.
- Option to use date/time system format.
- Option to hide the SMS when the New Text Message window appears.
- NEW: Added picture caller id on the SMS list (LilPicÃ??????Ã?????Ã????Ã???Ã??Ã?Â©). The ideal size for the picture is 30x30 pixel. Sample pictures are included in the folder for your reference.
- NEW: Added PictureSMS address book and the option to import contacts from the built-in address book.
- NEW: PictureSMS can now be assigned as the default SMS application in the Treo Preferences.
What's new in this version:
- 1. Picture ID in the chat thread. LilPic's pictures will be used. If you are still using small pictures like the 30x37 pixel, we suggest you to use a bigger picture to get the best out of this cool new feature. You have to enable this option in pSMSÃ¯Â¿Â½ Preferences.
2. Save or Draft Folder. This folder can store draft SMS for future sending, SMS that has high importance or has sentimental value, and frequently forwarded/sent SMS. Basically, any text message is possible to save here. E... See all new features »