CNET Editors' reviewThis image-viewing application's unclear interface keeps it from being a more attractive option. The majority of PicViewPlus's main window is reserved for viewing photos, while icons for accessing the app's features sit beneath the image. We did like this program's zoom control, which allows you to get a close-up of any portion of the image simply by clicking it. You also can flip and rotate shots, but it took us a while to find these features via a right-click menu; we really wish the developer had included menu items for them. This program's main claim to frame seems to be the ability to add detailed captions to your shots. For example, you can specify such information as exposure bias value, light source, white balance, and orientation. Creating a slide show with transitions was a less painful affair, although it's inconvenient you only can add folders and not individual images. Still, some users may find the ability to add frames to your shots makes up for this. PicViewPlus has some things going for it, but it needs a design overhaul before we really can get excited about it.
From LinkWise Software:
PicViewPlus is a picture file display program that offers you a wide range of features combined with ease of use. The application displays the most common picture file types: BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, and WMF. Navigate easily from picture to picture. Resize the picture window to the height and width of your choice. Zoom via the mouse, keyboard, or keypad. Pan around a zoomed-in view using the mouse, keyboard, or keypad. Use the Thumbnails Window (thumbnail-sized pictures) to assist you. Resequence your pictures in various ways. Automatically advance pictures (slide-show mode). Play audio files having file types WAV, MP3, MID, or WMA.
Version 1.2 now has a variety of simulated picture frames that may be attached to the pictures displayed.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Add dates, titles, and descriptions to your pictures.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Add text or watermark to pictures and images.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Create a multimedia baby album by adding pictures, drawings, an...
- Preview image files of different formats directly in Windows Ex...