CNET Editors' review
Piano Education Studio offers to help users learn to play the piano. While it's certainly possible to do that with this program, its confusing layout and lack of direction will frustrate most users.
The program's interface was our first indication that this would not be a smooth ride. The graphic design was gray and sparse, and its lack of a Help file or instructions left us constantly guessing. This would be especially problematic for those operating a MIDI keyboard, since it gives no instructions on how to sync one up. The basic program lets you choose a song from its collection and then watch the onscreen keyboard light up each note for you to follow. The list of songs doesn't have titles, just numbers, so you never know what song you're learning, which is frustrating. You can adjust the speed of the song as well as start and stop it, which is useful for learning. However, we were hoping for tutorials on piano basics, such as learning notes and how to form chords, but got none of that. The program's only special feature is the ability to loop a song so you can practice it over and over again. However, Piano Education Studio's sparse options left us feeling it would never help a novice take up the instrument.
Piano Education Studio claims it has limited trial functionality, though we didn't discover any. This program was directionless, and it never felt like a solid learning tool. We do not recommend it.
From Golenfound Software:
Piano Education Studio is a game of musical skill and fast fingers. The aim of the game is to play piano with the keyboard as accurately as possible. The core play mechanics are nearly identical to previous iterations, with players using a piano to quickly match colored notes as they cascade down the screen. By keeping up with the song, hitting the right piano keyboard at the right time, and strumming to the beat, players advance to more challenging tunes. Version 4.0 improves draw functionality.
What's new in this version: Version 4.0 improves draw functionality.
More Products to Consider
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Learn to play piano and read music right on your PC.
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play a piano chord on the virtual keyboard.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Tune a piano yourself to a professional standard.
- Watch Valentine cupids fly in the clouds and listen to piano mu...
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Learn to read the bass clef, treble clef, and notes' positions ...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Convert your PC keyboard into a realistic piano.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Transform your PC keyboard into a piano.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Play piano and drum with keyboard control and joystick.
- Find and play Internet video.
- Play the piano using your keyboard and mouse.
- Train your ears, learn to read music by sight, and study music ...
- Watch DStv Mobile's or GOtv Mobile's DVB-H mobile television br...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Overly complex solution for usenet browsing"
Version: Piano Education Studio 4.0
Performance seems to be better than average, esp for binary downloads.
User interface is clumsy and overly complex. No way to suppress the display of messages that have already been read.
Not a bad product if you're willing to invest a considerable amount of time coming up to speed, but there are better alternatives out there.