CNET Editors' reviewThough this is a highly specialized and useful piece of software, its design and speed aren't exactly 21st century. PiSystems is designed for scientists and advanced chemistry students to help calculate the electronic spectra and colors of organic molecules. This is a large program that takes a while to download, and, once it's loaded, installation is slow. The interface, though not visually stimulating, isn't well-designed, either. During testing we noticed there is no way to scroll or zoom into displayed molecules; what's more, windows often stack up on top of each other, making it a bit of a digging exercise to find a display. Excel-like tables display most chemical data. The program toolbar offers plenty of mouse-over hints on discovering the function of each button. To draw a molecule, you must open a "molecule input" window (from the taskbar); once your sketch is done, apply the "idealize" feature. Calculations are rapid and the program allows for plenty of input or changes. The trial version allows for 20 uses, which may be of limited use for small projects.
This is the fastest, most reliable, and most user-friendly quantum-chemical program for the calculation of electronic spectra and colors of organic molecules as well as for support of synthetic science. A tour is available on the Web site, and special prices are available for educational use.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Dispense with your handheld financial calculator.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Organize your desktop and manage the applications.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Convert dates and timestamps in Firefox.
- Calculate body mass index for women.
- Create, manage, and save message boxes easily.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Calculate your BMI using a chart.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"PISYSTEMS is easy to use but not nearly as accurate as claimed."
Version: PiSystems XTE
Easy to use and has some clever ideas
The results computed can vary significantly from version to version. Many assumptions have to be made about atom centered hybridization which can have significant impact on results. Imputed solvent is not specified; this can be a source of significant uncertainty.
I have been doing dye modeling for 25 years and have used all levels of theory from Huckel to TDDFT....
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: