CNET Editors' review
Photoinstrument provides a stunning amount of control when editing photos. Even with all the controls, the program still manages to be simple to operate, especially for those willing to invest the time.
Our first impressions were not positive since the program's interface looked slightly childish, thanks to command icons that are all various smiley faces. Fortunately, the tutorial videos that pop up immediately prove that this is a serious tool and seriously easy. We smoothly navigated the program's functions that are represented by the previously mentioned smileys, each offering ways to shade, erase blemishes, and even erase features (the tutorial's example shaves a few centimeters from a man's chin in a profile photo). It was a relief to find that all the tools followed the same pattern of adjusting the size and intensity with sliders and by clicking and dragging the changes on the picture. While a little clumsy at first, the tools got easier with a little practice. The best we tested were the tools that subtly erased blemishes because they smoothly blended the skin defects into the healthy flesh. Our favorite feature was its Original button, which let us toggle between the changes and the untouched photo. Overall, each tool was effective and simple to understand, though each required patience in perfecting.
Photoinstrument's trial does not let users save their work. While the program looks childish and takes some practice, its results were professional enough that we recommend it.
From Timur Fatykhov:
PhotoInstrument is an easy to learn tool for editing and retouching digital photos. The powerful raster graphics editor in PhotoInstruments quickly and easily allows you to adjust and process digital photos. PhotoInstruments rich tools and effects offer adjustments and photo retouching tools that are usually found only in expensive retouching software.
Now with just a few clicks in PhotoInstrument anyone can solve most digital photo problems. So easy to use that anyone can apply these changes. Included with PhotoInstrument is a short video tutorial that will teach you how to use PhotoInstrument in just minutes. PhotoInstrument supports more than thirty image formats including PNG, JPG, BMP, TIF, PCX, TGA, EXR, ICO and Adobe Photoshop PSD. PhotoInsturments user-friendly interface, supports these languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
What's new in this version: Version 3.0 build 309 includes new 3D style of menu and new languages.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Recover lost photos, documents, audio and video files.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Turn your photos into collage and make them into desktop wallpa...
- Create Flash slide shows with photos and music.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Don't download this software, it contains a trojan"
Version: PhotoInstrument 3.0 build 309
NOTHING: I did not scan this software after download because I trust cnet website, that it will not given any virus/trojan etc. But when I installed this software, Avira Antivirus traced a trojain in this software.
you can see the proof of trojan on the link
To CNet Staff: Kindly remove this product from your website. I trusted Cnet that I will never ever get any virus/trojan/spyware etc. in the softwares that I download from Cnet, but today I got so much hurt that I found a trojan in the software that I downloaded from cnet.. Kindly remove this product.
Proof of Trojan: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_U0s51hg6Nzs/SyNuj5MbR1I/AAAAAAAAAHY/Rec51TOQ9Jk/trojan.jpg
To all Users: don't download this software if you want to save your computer
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content