Editors' Note: Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site. Download.com cannot completely ensure the security of the software hosted on third-party sites.
MKV is an open standard of multimedia container that allows to embed multiple audio tracks and subtitles in one file. For this reason it is very often used to rip DVD and Blu-ray discs. Unfortunately, many players and video editing programs do not support the MKV format. In this case, it is necessary to convert MKV files to more popular format, such as AVI or MPG.
The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users, while more advanced users can customize video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, audio track to convert, fps, sampling frequency, resolution, volume, deinterlacing, and other.
What's new in this version:
- Changed toolbar.
- New icons.
- New file list control with many additional features (sorting, row and column moving).
- New version of the FFmpeg and MediaInfo library.
- Possibility to set the default video encoder by the user.
- Better support for Matroska video files.
- Added support for additional languages: Chinese (simplified), Finnish, Hungarian, Russian.