MKV is an open standard of multimedia container that allows to embed multiple audio tracks and subtitles in one file. For this reason it is very often used to rip DVD and Blu-ray discs. Unfortunately, many players and video editing programs do not support the MKV format. In this case, it is necessary to convert MKV files to more popular format, such as AVI or MPG.
The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users, while more advanced users can customize video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, audio track to convert, fps, sampling frequency, resolution, volume, deinterlacing, and other.
What's new in this version:
- Changes in the program interface.
- Added possibility to set display aspect ratio.
- New version of the FFmpeg and MediaInfo library.
- New conversion profiles.
- Better detection of data streams in video files.
- Added support for Latvian language.