Pamela Basic allows you to record Skype calls for free. In addition Pamela can play audio files during a call, take notes during or after a call, transfer a call to a contact or group and many more cool features. Pamela looks and works like Skype. Pamela Basic is a freeware and allows you to record each Skype call for up to 15 minutes.
More Products to Consider
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Add an answering-machine function to Skype.
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Announce who is calling and answer your calls using voice comma...
- Manage calls, voicemails, and chat within FileMaker using Skype...
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Turn Canon PowerShot and EOS digital cameras into Webcams.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Utilize the benefits of instant chatting programs.
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Mix, perform, and record your favorite songs live.
- Answer calls and reply automatically with other features for Sk...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Restrict online activities by blocking defined applications.
- Translate your Skype chat messages into different languages.
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Record and play calls from various instant messengers and Skype...
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Send custom out of office or away message using auto-reply assi...
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Instant translate from and to any language.
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-6 of 6
"buggy and unreliable"
Version: Pamela for Skype - Basic Version 22.214.171.124
In theory, this is a great product: free, you can record 15 minutes at a time (and easily keep going for hours, just in 15-min increments), well integrated with Skype. And when it works, it's good in all those ways.
I've lost count of the times when Pamela didn't activate properly, didn't allow me to record, didn't show it was recording, or otherwise failed me. It's extremely unreliable.
This was the best option around for awhile, but there *has* to be something better. It's pretty bad software.
Version: Pamela for Skype - Basic Version 126.96.36.199
Several more features than when it was a Skype extra. Lock to start with Skype
So far, I have not been able to get it to start recording automatically when a call starts. Annoying pop up which I have to click on to start.
See Cons :- perhaps this is because I have not had enough time to explore all the options. I will review again at a later date.
"ok in general"
Version: Pamela for Skype - Basic Version 188.8.131.52
Just good to have for those phone call to businesses and sales people when you tell them you are recording this call they go coy
not any really just remember to turn it on
"Worst of the worst. It's actually "dumb"."
Version: Pamela for Skype - Basic Version 184.108.40.206
Promising perhaps, but way down the road.
After buying, there is no "register Pamela" anywhere in the program. You'll end up playing with their support team for some days. You only get 5 registrations, so if you upgrade your pc from XP through Vista on two home PCs, you must re-buy. Crock
It is a constat nagging problem. Ex: if you try one of the other upgraded versions, you can't go back without uninstalling the upgraded versions first. Pamela's sites tell you none of this. You are totally on your own and you will regret this purchase from the day you start. Use any other sound card recorder you can find. I ended up using NCH Sound recorder. Only difference is, you have to hit the record each time. I wish I'd known about it beforehand. I've spent DAYS on "Pamela". Customer support won't give you the email for the new company President, either.Figure out on my own, AGAIN, nothing from "support", you have to click on BUY PAMELA to activate your product again, even though you've already bought it, hence; that's the last thing a user would normally choose to do. Like I said in the Tag Line, the program is just horrible.
Updated on Aug 3, 2009
"Good sound quality - not so good sound effects."
Version: Pamela for Skype - Basic Version 220.127.116.11
Sound quality is pretty good. Not that I'm a professional, but it would be more than enough for what I need it for
When I click on a sound effect you can hear a brief interruption on the audio. Plus, when the call ends, the sound effects end too.
Sounds effects are important for me, so I'll keep looking for others that deliver better.
"Would Not Set Up No Matter What"
Version: Pamela for Skype - Basic Version 1.38a
Would not work ( record and play back sound ) no matter what settings were tried
This was with a Skype Beta 2.61