From Amnis Technology:
PDFlite can be used to read any PDF file. With it's light simplistic design you can concentrate on your documents, not the software. You can view PDF documents quickly and easily with all common features such as search, print, zoom and a fast full featured web browser plugin. Since version 0.2, you can use the PDFlite printer so you can convert any document to PDF file. That means Word document to PDF, docx to PDF and any image files to PDF. Just load up the orignal file in your normal viewer or editor and print it using the PDFlite printer, which will then generate a PDF image of the document. This means you can create an author PDFs in your favourite word processor or publisher. It is also available in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Dutch, Japanese, and many more languages.ntext menu
What's new in this version: Version 0.7 changes: - Support for MOBI eBook format - support opening CHM documents from network drives - a selection can be copied to a clipboard as an image by using right-click context menu
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Write PDF documents from any application.
- Convert PDF files to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Convert PDF to most applications.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Make your CAD works in powerful DWG-compatible environment.
- Create, animate, and render 3D images on your PC.
- Scan documentation to PDF and store them in a designated locati...
- Create advanced 3D graphics, animations, and dynamic broadcast ...
- Create charts, graphics, diagrams, and maps easily.
- View and read PDF documents without images.
- Convert Adobe Flash SWF to WMV format file.
- Work with drawing, photo editing, and page design tasks of any ...
- View, edit, convert, print, and save AutoCAD drawings as PDFs a...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 19 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"A simple, yet effective PDF software!"
Version: PDFlite 0.7
So I've been using PDFLite for a while now and I think that it's great.
I need to make my CV into a PDF to send for a job application. I couldn't find an easy way of doing it until I founf PDFLite. It has a simple interface which makes it really easy to use for all people - even those who aren't computer literate.
Once I downloaded and opened the software, it's simple structure was easy to follow and I wasn't overwhelmed by mass amounts of toolbars and other features. Instead I was greeted by a simple layout that was easy to follow.
If your looking for lots of features then PDFLite isn't for you. It's design is super-simple making it an easy to use.
My Verdict: Simple yet effective PDF Software
"pdf viewer without any frills, consistent and fast"
Version: PDFlite 0.7
I was looking for a simple pdf viewer, to be used to quickly check the output of my Tex compositions, something that would load as fast as possible. I like none of the "internal" pdf viewers that come with texlive and other tex distributions. I tried the following: muPDF, evince, sumatra, foxit, and a few others with names containing combinations of pdf, light, free, simple.
evince was very buggy, muPDF couldn't remember a thing from one session to the next, sumatra and foxit are not light enough for my needs, I was in despair, then pdflite came along :
at last a light viewer that remember settings! e.g. "window position", "open full width", "remove toolbars from view", those sort of simple things.
This is a super light pdf, understand. The cons are: it's not heavy.
If you're looking for something fancy, I would recommend PDF-XChange. That's my favourite. I do also have Adobe Reader, which I use once in a while for advanced pdf features like 3D, which are not supported by other viewers. People like sumatra and foxit, but I didn't. Give them a try though.
There is a lot of talk about spyware here, so I'm glad I tried pdflite before reading the reviews: my experience is that there is no spyware. Most likely cause of the spyware alerts are some oversensitive or incorrectly parameterized antivirus software, like the type that comes bundled in your system with names like McAffee, that are well-known for overreacting.
My verdict: pdflite is da best in the pdf+lite category.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content