CNET Editors' review
Spireframe's PDF Prime is an efficient, standalone utility that can merge, split, lock, and unlock PDF files, the basic functions most users need most often. Instead of spending valuable time learning how to do a simple job with a complex application (or worse, relearning it) you can opt for a simple tool like PDF Prime and be finished and on to the next task.
PDF Prime has a very basic and businesslike dialog-based interface; just a toolbar with a few large icons labeled Merge, Split, Lock, and Unlock, and a simple file menu that essentially duplicates the control icon's functions, except for a Help link to Web-based instructional articles. Icons for adding, removing, and clearing files line the side of the main display. We keep a set of test files, mostly old manuals, which help give a seat-of-the-pants feel for each program's performance and capabilities. PDF Prime is among the fastest and easiest PDF utilities we've tested. We clicked Add, browsed to the files, selected a pair, and clicked Merge. We barely had time to observe the green progress bar before the merged file was done. Same with Split, Lock, and Unlock. While that's pretty much PDF Prime's whole bag of tricks, that's also its best recommendation: It does what it does fast and without fuss, the essence of productivity.
We tested PDF Prime in Windows 7 and Vista. It's an affordable solution for handling basic PDF tasks that can help you to take care of business in less time than it takes to read some software's documentation.Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of PDF Prime 2.0.5. The trial version is limited to 30 days trial only.
From Spireframe Software:
PDF Prime can help you merge, split, lock, and unlock your PDF files with ease! PDF Prime was designed from the beginning as a fast, friendly, and easy software tool that helps you do your job quicker so you can go on to better things. Try the no risk, 30-day FREE trial. How PDF Prime can help you: Merge (combine) many PDF files into one. Split PDF files into seprate pages. Lock PDF files with a password for security. Unlock previously-locked PDF files. No knowledge of PDF file formats is necessary PDF Prime does all the work for you. Very easy to use - drag and drop files onto PDF Prime, perform most tasks with one-click. Works flawlessly on Windows XP and Vista. Fast install. You can be using PDF Prime within a couple minutes. Save money! Avoid expensive PDF software packages that do the same thing as PDF Prime.
What's new in this version:
- A complete help file has been added to PDF Prime, explaining all the features in an easy quick start guide and detailed how-to articles, along with a PDF glossary explaining the PDF terms used by the software.
- PDF Prime now checks PDF files as they are added to the software for corrupted, malformed, or locked PDF files.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Get started quickly and stay on track, whether you're creating ...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Convert PDF files to different document and image formats with ...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Convert to PDF any Web page from a given URL or a HTML file fro...
- Let Visual J# applications to run on a computer with MS .NET Fr...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert XPS files to PDF format.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Merge, split, combine, and join PDF documents and files.
- Convert XPS files to PDF format via command line.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Plan and manage your projects.
- Split, merge & append PDFs.
- Draw, edit, enhance digital pictures.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Product is basically useless"
Version: PDF Prime 2.1
None that I can think of.
Like the other reviewer, you need a Password to unlock the File. I can stress how useless the utility is.
Do not waste your time downloading this - do not buy it. There are better utilities out there.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: