From CoolPDF Software:
By default Windows 8 does not have the ability to preview PDF files like images in Windows Explorer or other apps like Office 2010.
PDF Preview allows PC users to preview PDF file in Windows 8 without opening.
This freeware tool installs PDF Preview add-in for Windows Explorer, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Outlook, and automatically configures itself to preview a PDF file in the Preview pane of Windows Explorer or in the Reading pane in Outlook 2012, 2010, 2007.
Once installed, the application also shows a thumbnail preview for icons and also the icon changes to the one from PDF Preview. However, it cannot preview password protected PDF files.
This freeware program is specifically designed for Windows 8, and works on both Windows 8 64-bit and Windows 32-bit systems. The software outperforms its peers both in speed and stability.
PDF Preview features include: PDF document can be previewed in thumbnail when it is not opened via the Preview Handler interface in Microsoft Windows 8. The icon of your PDF document is generated on the fly according to the content of the first page in your PDF document. Just install the software, and it works with all versions of PDF files. The preview thumbnail can be displayed instantly after you mouse click on it. PDF Preview for Windows 8 gives your PDF files a high-quality preview thumbnail. PDF files with Asian, Hebrew, Arabic, fonts can be opened and viewed easily. In Windows 8 64-bit operating system, PDF Preview works as twice as much faster than on 32-bit.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Make your CAD works in powerful DWG-compatible environment.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Show the graphical output of applications.
- View and print any graph produced by DPlot.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Manipulate 2D and 3D data from a variety of sources.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Protect your PDF files with strong security.
- Convert PDF to most applications.
- Convert GIF files to video files.
- Create professional CAD drawings with compatibility with dwg, d...
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
- Convert PDF files into DOC, DOCX, XML, and RTF format.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Repair damaged CDR documents of any version.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Convert PDF documents to MS Word, Excel, HTML, PostScript, and ...
- Convert PDF documents to Word and Excel, and Word to PDF.
- Write PDF documents from any application.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Simply doesn't work"
Version: PDF Preview for Windows 8 1.0
Nice and hopeful idea
Doesn't work. It does not give any previews in the pane :(
Perhaps if it is used with the 'PDF Viewer for Windows 8', it may work, I don't know because the Viewer was too limited for me so it was never set as default to find out. Still, it should do what it has claimed to do :(