CNET Editors' review
PDFs are critical to businesses and just as important to many individuals, yet big-box PDF programs are often priced beyond reach. Fortunately, most of what you need to do with PDFs can be done just as well by individual applications, many of them freeware. For example, there's SkySof's PDF Bookmarks. It can create, edit, and delete bookmarks in PDF files. Its wizard-based operation is simple enough for the most tech-averse user. And, yes, it's free.
While there are many advantages to all-in-one PDF programs, price is rarely one of them. We're happy to use separate tools for each PDF function (such as bookmarks) if it saves the cost of the average big-box program. But the fact is, simple tools like PDF Bookmarks are often much easier to use than the large programs. There's less to learn, and things are easier to find than in an application so loaded up with features that it requires training sessions. Fire up PDF Bookmarks, fix the document, and get back to your day job.
From SkySof Software:
PDF Bookmarks is a free utility program for creating, editing, and deleting bookmarks in PDF files. Features include: find and replace bookmark names, find and change bookmark colors, find and change bookmark style, find and change bookmark action, create bookmarks from an outline, create bookmarks from text and Excel files, find and remove bookmarks, copy bookmarks from one PDF to other PDFs, find and insert bookmarks, write bookmarks to a text file, edit bookmark color and style by level, reduce PDF file size, batch processing, and create and execute scripts. PDF Bookmarks does not require Adobe Acrobat.
What's new in this version: Version 3.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View and measure AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Search and replace information on your system.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Manage, view, compare, search, replace, and print files and dir...
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Manage, search, and rename your files.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Edit files by replacing characters or any other bytes.
- Move, add, replace, re-format, manipulate, and query delimited ...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Find, replace, and delete files on your system.
- Update links, add new buttons, and alter large tables at your W...
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Search and remove selected duplicate files on your PC.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Search for files on your computer.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Organize nonelectronic items like papers and videotapes using l...
- Convert XPS to PDF and PDF to XPS format.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"PDF Bookmarks is now FREE and no longer requires Adobe!"
Version: PDF Bookmarks 3.4
The new version has many improvements and is very easy to use. I automatically generated bookmarks for a 500+ page documents in mere minutes! A great tool for easily creating bookmarks in PDF Files that I highly recommend!
Help documentation could be a bit better.
"Copied bookmarks but they go to wrong pages"
Version: PDF Bookmarks 2.1.65
1. A free trial was available.
2. Had the function I wanted (to copy bookmarks from one PDF to another PDF -- same content, smaller file size).
3. Bookmarks did copy over successfully... but... (see cons)
1. All of the newly copied bookmarks were off by a page.
2. The UI is clunky, unintuitive, and ugly. I figured it out without too much trouble, but it's more complicated than it should be.
3. Help is not integrated -- it's in two separate PDFs.
I'm going to keep the program on my computer in case I need it again. But that's all I recommend it for -- just using it until the trial runs out. I can't imagine spending $150 on it. Maybe it's worth it if this is only program that does what you need and you really, REALLY need it, but surely better ones are out there.