CNET Editors' note: The Overture product was formerly owned and produced by Cakewalk (http://www.cakewalk.com). As of August 13, 2001 all Technical Support is being provided by GenieSoft.com Please contact Geniesoft for further information.
Overture enables users to compose, arrange, and publish professional music scores. Its combination of usability and high-quality output makes it the ideal solution for professional and novice users alike, including studio musicians, composers, music educators, ensembles, bands and choirs.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Build virtual sampler instruments and distribute them online.
- Add a key count recording feature to your MSN Messenger.
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Extreme music creation.
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
- Find only the best recipes from around the globe.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Determine your instrument/string's current frequency to find th...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Abandoned product - beware!"
Version: Overture 4.0.2
Works as advertised (except for the many bugs, of course)
It's rather buggy, but the biggist problem by far is that this product has been abandoned by the developer. There will be NO updates!
I have used this product for many years. Sadly, its development and support was abandoned several years ago.
HOWEVER, they still maintain a website and will sell a copy to the unaware (NOTE: no refunds; all sales final)
Their products are bug-ridden, and because there is no longer any pretense of support (despite the presence of a "Forum"; just check the dates on the latest posts).
There are pricey and not so pricey alternatives; the key is to go with one that is still actively being supported.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: