"OpenOSX Grass" is a free stand-alone application, requiring zero-installation now PowerPC and Intel native that is based on the proven open source GRASS GIS 6.3.0, which is a complete Geographic Information System (GIS). GRASS has been in development for over 25 years and is one of the 10 largest open source projects in history. Jeshua of OpenOSX is proud to be the first one to have ported GRASS to Mac OS X public beta six years ago.
GRASS 6 includes a "GIS Display Manager" with layers, a vector engine capable of handling 2D and 3D vector data, an NVIZ 3D interface allowing volume (voxel) capabilities, 3D and 4D visualization, and the ability to integrate database management systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DBF and ODBC. GRASS can import and export most popular geo-spatial file formats and includes tools for photo-orthorectification, image classification, re-projection, geostatistics, spatial data analysis and much more.
What's new in this version:
- Native Mac OS X interface
- Ability to switch between native interface and X11 interface
- 3,400 improvements and fixes over the 6.2.1 version, representing 2 years of development
- The capability to read files in the Mr. Sid format
- A newly OpenOSX developed command to launch Quantum GIS (QGIS) enabling full GRASS support
- A much-improved OpenOSX "QuickStart" with a simple tutorial
- Improve... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Create logos that look like a Photoshop guru spent hours labori...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Make your images look beautiful and realistic.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- Connect a GPS to a map display on your Mac.
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- MySQL graphical shell.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View comic and manga images.
- Sync iPhoto libraries across computers (was iPhotoSync).
- Internet-based installer program.
- RAW converter for digital cameras.
- Region switching for region-free (RPC-1) drives.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Post production tool for photographers.