Editors' Note: Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site. Download.com cannot completely ensure the security of the software hosted on third-party sites.
GRASS 6 includes a "GIS Display Manager" with layers, a vector engine capable of handling 2D and 3D vector data, an NVIZ 3D interface allowing volume (voxel) capabilities, 3D and 4D visualization, and the ability to integrate database management systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DBF and ODBC. GRASS can import and export most popular geo-spatial file formats and includes tools for photo-orthorectification, image classification, re-projection, geostatistics, spatial data analysis and much more.
What's new in this version:
- Native Mac OS X interface
- Ability to switch between native interface and X11 interface
- 3,400 improvements and fixes over the 6.2.1 version, representing 2 years of development
- The capability to read files in the Mr. Sid format
- A newly OpenOSX developed command to launch Quantum GIS (QGIS) enabling full GRASS support
- A much-improved OpenOSX "QuickStart" with a simple tutorial
- Improv... See all new features »