CNET Editors' reviewThe program lives up to its promise and enciphers letters as numbers, but its usefulness ends there. Numerica Format is a no-install EXE file, and its DOS-inspired main window lacks creativity, but luckily it's extremely easy to use. To encode, simply type words or sentences and the program quickly returns a seemingly random but very long sequence of numbers. To fully understand how the program works, be sure to read the text file that comes with it. Numerica Format is only capable of converting words into number sequences, not the other way around. You can't copy number sequences to a text file, which limits the usability of the cipher. Overall, this freeware program delivers on its promise, but with more functional and complete encoding software readily available, it just doesn't appear to be a practical choice.
This is a simple encoding sequence using numbers assigned as letters and punctuation. The sequence is comprised of an encoding arrangement of 49 total letters, punctuation and numerical mathematical assignments. The resulting sequence uses the multiplication table of zero through nine. Some numbers--11, 13, 17, 19, 22, 23, 26 --are not reachable via the regular 0 through 9 multiplication tables. Such numbers must then be added together to simulate actual values not reachable via the normal multiplication standard. This sequencing method is best described as the ""Numerica Format"". Encoded sequences are called ""Numericas"". Individual sequence lines are termed ""Numeri"". The provided program asks the user to input a sentence or short paragraph and then converts it into the Numerica Format.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Securely store and manage your passwords.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Put password locks on your programs and protect them.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Block the execution of remote code.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Block the execution of arbitrary code when a maliciously modifi...
- Rename, reorganize, and encrypt your source codes.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Repair security vulnerability in MS Office Word Viewer 2003.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Generate the code of Da Vinci on your computer.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Block the execution of arbitrary code.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Encrypt or decrypt your files to protect them.
- Protect your Web site content and source codes with an encrypti...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Apply different certificates for signing and encrypting your e-...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1