CNET Editors' review
Nimbuzz combines a flexible messaging app with the Internet and social media to turn your smartphone into a mobile communications center. With Nimbuzz, you can make unlimited free video and voice calls; chat via video, audio, or text; share files; and more. Nimbuzz is compatible with nearly every device out there. It not only accesses the Nimbuzz network but also Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, MSN, and Gtalk. Got platforms? Nimbus does: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, and Java. A chat buddy feature lets you tweet, too. Updates include contact blocking and file forwarding.
We installed the Nimbuzz client on our Windows 7 PC. The first thing you need to do after that is to install the Nimbuzz app on your phone or other device. That's much easier than it sounds, and easier than we've seen in similar apps, thanks in part to a simple, wizard-style process that explains each step, including how to search for your device. Nimbuzz really is compatible with a lot of devices, as we learned when we quickly found downloads not only for our brand-spanking-new smartphone but also a not-so-smart-phone designed more than 5 years ago. After finding your device and model on drop-down lists, you must download JAD and JAR files and transfer them via Bluetooth or a USB cable, then open the JAD file and set up Nimbuzz. After that, you just need to create an account. You can do that on your phone, but it's easier to use the Web-based wizard. We clicked Create, filled in the blanks, and signed on in no time. Nimbuzz offers several extras, including the paid NimbuzzOut international calling service, which we didn't try (but we get the appeal).
How Nimbuzz appears on your device depends in part on what that device is (and, like ours, how smart it is) but the basic blue-on-orange look is the same. Once you've set up your address book, phone numbers, links, social media sites, and preferences, you'll be ready to live in the "N-World." Gladly, too: nothing we've seen puts it all in the palm of your hand quite like Nimbuzz.
Nimbuzz Messenger combines the power of internet and smart phone messenger into one, and lets you make free video calls, voice calls, send chat messages, make new friends in chat rooms and share files on any PC/mobile device across popular messengers. Nimbuzz Messenger is available on Windows, MAC, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Symbian and Java. Nimbuzz Messenger lets you chat with your buddies on Nimbuzz, Facebook, Yahoo Messenger and Gtalk 24x7 for free. Connect your address book and share unlimited photos, make unlimited audio calls & video calls, share files, music and videos with other friends of yours on Nimbuzz, Facebook, Yahoo Messenger and Gtalk. You can also connect with your friends on Twitter using our popular chat buddy. Nimbuzz Messenger is super-popular and our 100+ million registered users across platforms prove that.
More Products to Consider
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Send SMS messages from your computer to a mobile phone.
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Chat online and make phone calls via the Internet.
- Communicate with mobile phone users from your computer.
- Import your buddy lists from MSN, AOL, Yahoo! and ICQ into one ...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Receive notification when your friends log on to the Internet, ...
- Access various investing and day-trading resources with multipl...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Send SMS messages to Nokia mobile phones.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Try out the first ever Windows instant messenger for the global...
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Join live video chat, host your own moderated rooms, and meet n...
- Unify your Google, Skype, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, Jabber, Facebook, SM...
- Send messages and reminders to colleagues in the form of yellow...
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 34 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"I agree I think people there has gone home"
Version: Nimbuzz Messenger 2.6
hmm not easy to tell--when just connecting is a mess
I know my pass..Even got 2 new ones..It made no difference It will not open.......
Realy that is to stuppid
U better wait for someone..If there is any one at Nimbuzz ---to update..As it is now,,Then its only irretating garbage
"unable to login"
Version: Nimbuzz Messenger 2.6
unable to login
i installed nimbuzz 2.6 version but i am unable to login .
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: