From NCH Software:
Tone Generator is a sine wave generator, frequency generator and signal generator that lets you create audio test tones, sweeps or noise waveforms using a computer. Typical Applications are generation of test tones in radio and other studios for the alignment of levels. Calibration and testing of audio equipment or speakers. Tuning music instruments as an accurate reference tone. Acoustics testing and equalisation. Quality control and testing of sound cards. White noise generator. Audio band signalling.
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Advanced tone generator.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Mix the music.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- Test tone generator.
- Generates insults from a table containing 100,000 possibilities...
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Bongiovi DPS makes everything sound better! Use DPS to make you...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It works perfectly as promised, but makes no sound file"
Version: NCH Tone Generator 3.01
It is easy to specify the frequencies and waveforms for a number of tones to be played together. You can save these settings in a file to be replayed later.
It is a pity that NCH Tone Generator uses a proprietary file format. It would be much better if it would safe a music file, e.g., in AIFF or MP3 format.
I had downloaded NCH Tone Generator, because I wanted to include examples of musical intervals in a Keynote presentation about music theory. NCH Tone Generator cannot be used for that, because the output file can only be read by NCH Tone Generator, not by any other program. It seems logical to me that users of NCH Tone Generator would like to use sounds, created in NCH Tone Generator, in other applications. Without this possibility, NCH Tone Generator is of very limited use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: