CNET Editors' review
Movie collections--either digital or DVD--can get a little unwieldy if you don't have a way to manage them. My Movie Library is an easy-to-use program that makes keeping track of your films quite simple. It doesn't have as many features as some similar programs we've seen, but its simplicity more than makes up for it.
The program's interface is sleek and attractive, with a set of icons across the top that give access to the program's major features. Using the Add Movie dialog, you can simply enter the title of a film and have the program retrieve information, including a cover image, from IMDb. Movie titles are displayed in a grid that includes their release year, genre, actors, director, and IMDb rating, and the list can be sorted by any of these headings so that you can quickly find what you're looking for. If you have your movies saved on your computer, it's quite easy to associate video files with records in My Movie Library; you can then use My Movie Library to launch your films in your default media player. We liked it that My Movie Library lets you create backups of your data so it can easily be restored in the event of data loss. The program's online Help file is well written and thorough, but it's likely that most users will never have to consult it, as this program really couldn't be easier to use. Overall, we liked My Movie Library quite a bit; it's attractive, streamlined, and not bogged down with clunky interfaces or useless features like so many other movie organizers.
My Movie Library installs and uninstalls without issues.
From Moba Software:
My Movie Library is a database tool for categorizing and keeping track of your movie collection. You can easily add a folder of movie files, or manually add physical media. The program will download cover art and movie information from IMDB. A powerful search function helps you find the movies you want to watch. If it's a movie file on your disk, you can launch the movie in your default movie player--directly from the program.
You can type in the name of a movie, and get the rest from IMDB. You can also add a folder containing movie files and the program automatically finds the movies, retrieves its cover art and information, and add them to the library. The real-time search function helps you find movies by name, year, genre, actor, director or media. One click to open the movies IMDB page in your default browser. You can backup/restore the entire library and Import/export movies from files.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2.1066 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- Organize, track, and research your movie collection.
- Load and edit movie information to manage your film collection.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Track the movies you have seen and manage your video collection...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Manage your movie collection at prices you can afford.
- Catalog your DVDs automatically, no typing needed.
- Organize your DVD/Bluray/MKV/AVI movie collection automatically...
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Create and manage your own movie database.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Get a free open source catalog application.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Organize and manage your DVD collection in a designed database.
- Organize your movie, DVD, and TV-series collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Manage your movie collection.
- Manage all your DVD, video, and VCD lists.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Catalog your movie collection automatically retrieving images a...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 33 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"No longer supported"
Version: My Movie Library 1.2.1066
Prior to 2014 was an easy to use program.
Movie thumbnails no longer automatically download. Foreign words are jumbled. These problems have been unresolved for for over four months. Support website is "temporarily disabled".
Unless you can get a version newer than 1.2.1066, pass on this software.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content