CNET Editors' review
Most of us appreciate Skype for its simplicity, but there are some users who wish this popular voice-over-IP software application had more features to offer. If you wish to add some more powerful customization options to Skype, use Multi Skype Launcher. It lets you log multiple Skype accounts in at once and adds a few more customization features, but eliminates most of the stuff that makes Skype so user-friendly.
Most users will struggle making it through this program's minefield of an install process. There are at least three very sketchy programs that try to install themselves during setup. Even when the install process is over, this software still tries to make you install more of the developer's Skype-centric programs. If you make it through that pain of a process, Multi Skype Launcher delivers on what you downloaded it for. It logs in to multiple Skype accounts and can even launch Skype right when you sign in to Windows. Sadly, the only new feature it brings to Skype is its namesake feature. Everything else is done better in Skype with a few changes in settings. Plus, you'll miss out on the Skype layout you're used to if you use this program as your default way to use Skype.
As far as video chat programs go, Skype wears a crown for a reason. All of its best features are simple to set up and there isn't much else that you really need. Though Multi Skype Launcher's features work well enough, they're not really useful. That and the ad-loaded install process make this program one you can pass up without missing out on much.
Multi Skype Launcher is a freeware application to run multiple Skype accounts on the same computer. This easy to use application allows you to launch and login into your Skype accounts automatically on Windows startup. Supported: Skype 5, Windows XP, Vista, Win7.
What's new in this version: Version 1.8 includes a new feature: launch Skype minimized without annoying Skype splash screen.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Clean up junk files and invalid Registry entries.
- Tune up and maintain your PC, clean registry easily.
- Download and convert videos from video streaming sites.
- Download YouTube videos and convert to multiple formats.
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Access and use most commonly used programs.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Keep clipped text archived on the Clipboard.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Hide and encrypt any folder including flash disk and removable ...
- Set wallpaper on computer setups with more than one screen.
- Take full control over RAR and ZIP archives, along with unpacki...
- Stay alerted with your disk space consumption of PC.
- Increase your connection speed and recover broken downloads.
- Receive alert notifications on natural phenomenon.
- Join live-video chat rooms from around the world.
- Identify the extension of the file it belongs to.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Allow you to retrieve info about video or audio file.
- Record stunning HD quality videos from YouTube, Webcam, webinar...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Not that good"
Version: Multi Skype Launcher 1.8
None right now. It will work for Skype accounts only (not MSN)
Doesn't work for MSN Skype accounts. If your last login was an MSN Skype account it will not login to your other Skype accounts either, but just show the login box empty. Also forces an ad on screen for several seconds.
Needs to be updated to allow MSN Skype accounts at the same time as just Skype accounts. Use Seaside Multi Skype instead.
"Works OK on Windows with latest Skype version"
Version: Multi Skype Launcher 1.8
Very simple to install and use
Could not run two accounts at once, if not started with Windows
Answers my requirements
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content