This update provides additional security enhancements for the Outlook View Control, which is a Microsoft ActiveX® control that allows you to view Outlook e-mail folders on Web pages in Outlook 2002. Outlook 2002 protects you from attackers who attempt to exploit the vulnerability in the Microsoft Outlook mail client. You can use the Microsoft Outlook View Control on Web sites that are outside the Outlook mail client. This update prevents the control from being invoked by scripting or Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) code on a Web page potentially controlled by someone with malicious intent.
Also, this update adds an additional safeguard regarding certain file types that could contain dangerous code by blocking any attachment that has a CLSID (unique identifier) in the file name extension. This prevents you from launching a blocked application unintentionally while using Outlook 2002.
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Record and play calls from various instant messengers and Skype...
- Import Mac OS Entourage e-mails to Microsoft Outlook.
- Secure and execute data sensitive PowerShell scripts.
- Prevent hackers from accessing Outlook e-mail folders.
- Open, view, and extract data from TNEF-encoded messages.
- Receive RSS and Atom news in your Outlook folders.
- Open and view PST format files without Microsoft Outlook.
- Add secure license keys and product activation to your software...
- Convert your non-Outlook e-mails and import them into Microsoft...
- Install an IIS host-based Web Application Firewall for personal...
- Outlook security and update.