Mezzmo is a fully featured DLNA media server that lets you stream all your music, photos and movies on your computer to your TV, home theater, games consoles and digital media appliances. Mezzmo is fully DLNA 1.5 and UPnP AV compliant. It works with popular DLNA-enabled devices, including Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Panasonic Viera TVs, Samsung TVs, Sony Bravia TVs, Philips TVs, LG Blu-ray players, Oppo Blu-ray players, network media receivers, digital media appliances and digital media players from Sony, Toshiba, Samsung, Panasonic, D-Link, Buffalo, Netgear, Logitech, and Pinnacle.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1.12 includes improved device support for Sharp Aquos TVs, Moxi DVRs, OKI SoundBar 1G, Panasonic HTS, Philips HTS, DVico media players, Sony Bravia TVs, Samsung TVs, Panasonic Viera TVs, Xbox 360, Sony PS3, Panasonic Blu-ray players, Philips TVs, Humax DVRs, LG TVs, Samsung HTS, and DirectTV.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Rip and convert DVD to popular video/audio formats.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Download YouTube videos to your computer and convert their audi...
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Convert MP4 files to MP3 format.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 57 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Best DLNA server I have found"
Version: Mezzmo 2.1.12
Works with my Istar NMT player, maintains original quality without transcoding, uses little CPU power after initial start-up period of a few minutes.
Playback over a wired LAN on a Sony S370 Blu-ray player is jerky, but so are all the other DLNA servers I have found. This is probably the fault of the DLNA implementation in the S370.
I like Mezzmo, and expect that the glitches will be cured either by them or Sony with a firmware update. At least the Mezzmo maintains the original quality, unlike the server in Windows Media Player, which apparently transcodes everything, which reduces quality and uses a lot of CPU power.The term "jerky" may not be quite right, since it is mainly audio drop-outs that affect some videos. Some videos play fine, others have drop outs for the first few seconds, while still others have continual drop-outs. They are all HD .mpg videos digitally recorded from cable channels, and it seems to depend on the channel. But they all play without dropouts on the Istar NMT network player, and it is only the Sony which has the problem, which may be due to network buffering. They should be able to work it out.
One of the best features for me is that it allows you to maintain the original folder structure. I have 4 disk drives with videos on them, and don't want all the files lumped into one big "library", which seems to be what all the other servers do. Maybe some people don't know where their stuff is, but why penalize those of us who do?
Updated on Dec 26, 2010
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content