From Celemony Software:
Melodyne is a programm that allows a completely new approach to the handling of audio material. It analyzes the pitch and time of monophonic audio files (from, for example, singers, wind or string instruments) and offers the opportunity to change whole melodies in a way only previously possible at MIDI-Level. Melodyne is able to change the musical parameters of voices or instruments without any actual influence on the character of the recording. Melodyne extracts the pitch and the rhythm, and provides an area in which to play with the audio material. Any change in this material is interpreted by the software in a musically intelligent manner and the result will always sound natural. Working with Melodyne is as easy as editing notes with MIDI.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Navigate, annotate, edit, and organize recorded audio.
- Customize your sounds with various effects.
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
- Convert mono MP3/WAV/WMA files into stereo format in just a few...
- Manage your music library, organize and prepare your sets, and ...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Compose, record, edit, and play music with this 12-channel audi...
- Extract live audio from any source and make your PC react to it...
- MP3 Cutter Joiner is easy-to-use MP3 Cutter and MP3 Joiner tool...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Never, ever worked on two different computers"
Version: Melodyne 3.2
Support was responsive, but their suggestions for solving the problem never worked. Wouldn't acknowledge affirmatively that other users were suffering from similarly intractable problems.
Behaved erratically, crashed ceaselessly, responded fatally to hardware and software configuration changes. A prickly, overly-sensitive program.
Out of all the music production software I've ever purchased and used, Melodyne cre8 was the only one that simply did not work from the beginning. Even after I purchased a computer custom-built for music production tasks (a DAW, or Digital Audio Workstation), the program remained unstable and unusable. Support diligently offered a series of possible solutions that required changes in, or additions (involving extra expenditure) to peripheral hardware such as soundcards, but still no go. What's most disappointing is that Support would not answer my question as to whether or not other users were having the same unsolvable problems. Total silence on that issue.
At one point Support suggested that something might be wrong with my DAW. Fair enough speculation -- but what could it have been? The second computer the software was installed on was brand-new and custom-built, and yet the same problems occurred. Perhaps Melodyne?s intended use is too specialized to integrate easily within the variety of hardware and software configurations out there, and again, that comes with the territory. But obviously, that?s certainly not the users or the designer?s expectation. It just costs too much to invest in software that ultimately proves to be unusable.
"A $399 product is not, technically, free."
Version: Melodyne 3.2
It's fine, cleaned up the pitch of my recordings nicely.
Per the usual Download.com format, this page should say "License: free to try; $399 to buy" or something like that. (I suppose you could say the program is free and it's only the "Save" button that costs money.)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content