CNET Editors' review
MediaCoder provides all the tools needed to convert audio and video clips, but it also adds a level of complexity that audiophiles will love. Casual users, however, will be confused and should steer clear.
The program's interface was helpful but also baffling. While it walks you through the setup process, it does so online, which was a bit odd and certainly different. Nevertheless, it coordinated the program setup in a few easy steps. We were able to convert our audio and video files into corresponding formats like MP3, MP4, AMR, WAV, and a few others. MediaCoder works with a single button, though the conversion took several minutes longer than we expected for a 6-minute file. Regardless, the results contained all the data of the original, with the media specifications we requested. The program offers a ton of special features that are great for the audio obsessive but a bit overwhelming for the casual user just looking to convert some files. Its head-spinning array of options are a dream for serious AV lovers and include everything from adjustable bit rates to picture and sound quality settings, and all with descriptions heavy on the jargon and technical terms,--just how they like it. Those seeking a simple, hassle-free converter should look elsewhere, but for users looking to customize files, MediaCoder is perfect.
MediaCoder is freeware.
MediaCoder is an open source universal audio/video batch converter, which puts together lots of excellent audio/video codecs and tools from the open source community into an all-in-one solution, capable of coding among different audio/video formats. With many extra features and expandable architecture. MediaCoder is more than a GUI of a bunch of command line tools.
More Products to Consider
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Play your favorite audio and video files on PC.
- Convert between CUE sheet format files.
- Set up a virtual sound card that lets you broadcast/record/conn...
- Search for and find required audio files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Read text aloud and save the spoken speech as mp3 and wav audio...
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Enrich your VSTi library with an additive synthesizer.
- Play music using skinnable software audio player.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Share and backup the media content for all iProducts.
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
- Get various codec's and tools for converting batches of audio a...
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 53 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"FLAC to MP3"
Version: MediaCoder 0.8.1.5158
needed to convert flac files to mp3. This does that job well. It is easy to use. Unlike others I've tried you can select the output bitrate. Free/ open source. So glad I found this. Looks like it does all kinds of other stuff too incl. video.
none at this time.
Version: MediaCoder 0.8.1.5158
Ok for a freebee
McAfee detected adware-OpenCandy.dll
Better off spending a few bucks on something better if you are serious about video manipulation.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content