From Media Player Codec Pack:
The Media Player Codec Pack is a free simple to install package of codecs/filters/splitters used for playing back movie and music files. After installation you will be able to play 99.9% of files through your media player, along with XCDs, VCDs, SVCDs, and DVDs. Additional file associations are applied to make Windows Media Player play BDMV (unencrypted BluRay/AVCHD), EVO (unencrypted HD-DVD), MKV, M2TS, MP4, VOB, OGM, WEBM, FLV, and NUV movie files, as well as AC3, DTS, FLAC, APE, OGG, WV, TTA, OFR, SHN music files, and finally MO3, IT, XM, S3M, MTM, MOD, and UMX tracker audio files. Compression types supported include AVC, H.264, x264, H.263, H.261, DivX, XviD, Flash Video, VP3-8, Morgan JPEG, MJPEG, MPEG4, MPEG2...
The package detects the best proof tested settings with additional options for CPU, GPU, and DXVA compatibility. Audio options during install allow users to set output from basic 2.0 channel stereo, right up to 7.1 channel output. Digital audio S/PDIF / HDMI passthrough for home theatre systems can be set by the user to output Dolby Digital AC3, Dolby Digital Plus E-AC3, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD, even multichannel non-AC3/DTS audio (for example 5.1 channel FLAC) can be set to encode as AC3 and output to digital S/PDIF / HDMI. Included in the package are a number of encoder codec's, allowing you to encode files in formats such as DivX and XviD in your favourite encoding application. Please note that protected formats may require a specific player. 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows Media Player are supported as well as most other players. The package supports 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
What's new in this version:
- Version 4.2.1:
- Updated ffdshow to revision 4475 build 20120717.
- Updated ffdshow x64 to revision 4475 build 20120717.
- Updated LAV Splitter to version 0.51.3.
- Updated LAV Splitter x64 to version 0.51.3.
- Updated AC3Filter to version 2.5b.
- Updated AC3Filter x64 to version 2.5b.
- Updated FLV Splitter to version 220.127.116.1102.
- Updated FLV Splitter x64 to version 18.104.22.16802.
- Updated CDXA Reader to ver... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Add watermarks to all videos whatever AVI, MP4, FLV, MOV, MPG.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Convert general videos and HD videos to your desired HD formats...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Burn videos to DVD disc or generate ISO files.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos to different video file formats.
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Capture and record video from your screen.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Get flexible audio and video playback with access to smart orga...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 573 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Worked great for what I needed it to"
Version: Media Player Codec Pack 4.2.1
Liked what it did
None so far
"Solved my video playback issue"
Version: Media Player Codec Pack 4.2.1
the software was easy to download and upon use, it worked. no crashes no need to stand on my head to get it set just right to work
none at all
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content