CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual 10MB download.
CNET Editors' review
Say you use both ICQ and Camfrog for video chat, and you'd like to keep both open at the same time. That doesn't sound like an unreasonable request, but your Webcam may feel differently about it. Don't argue with it; download ManyCam. This free app replicates your camera signal and feeds it to any and all of your video chat apps simultaneously. It starts automatically with your Webcam when you start your chat app, and it feeds streams to new apps as you open them. No more conflicts, at least with your Webcam (your cranky uncle is your problem). ManyCam works with most clients.
ManyCam is mostly automatic in setup; we knew the program was configured when we saw our Webcam feed in ManyCam's Live Studio Mode display. ManyCam's user interface is anchored by a Firefox-style start button that opens an extensive main menu (including Help file) plus a tabbed toolbar with entries for Video, Audio, and more. Under the Audio and Video tabs we found submenus for configuring Effects and Sources as well as extras such as playlists, text over video, draw over video, and camera and screen effects. ManyCam does more than replicate your video stream: it also includes lots of great audio and video effects that you can apply, such as ridiculously addictive cartoon eyes in the Face Accessories as well as Objects, Filters, and Background Effects like flames. A series of thumbnail previews help you choose effects. ManyCam's integrated Image Settings use sliders to adjust color balance.
We clicked Sources to configure ManyCam with our chat apps. The program correctly identified our camera's specs, but we could change it to other sources, such as Movies, Still Images, and even our Desktop. Changing sources is easy; for example, we quickly browsed to an image file and selected it as our source display -- a handy feature for voice chat since you can display a logo, playlist, and more when you can't use video (or prefer not to). Best of all, we could keep multiple chat apps up and running with our current feed. ManyCam handled it all and then some.ManyCam - Broadcast simultaneous video chats - Download Video Previews:
Manycam allows you to use your Web cam with multiple programs at the same time. Broadcast your Web cam video simultaneously on MSN Messenger, Yahoo, Skype, AIM, PalTalk, and CamFrog. Manycam also lets you to add cool live computer generated special effects and graphics to your video. Make it appear as if your face or hand is on fire with our "fire" effect. Pretend you are underwater, or make it look as if it's snowing inside your house. Add text, graphics, or your country's flag to your video window. ManyCam Studio Pro allows you to switch quickly between video sources, add transitions, and more. It's great for services like Ustream, Youtube, Justin.TV, and Airtime. ManyCam's new audio tab allows awesome voice changing effects. Use ManyCam like a voice changer with our new audio tab.
What's new in this version: Version 3.1.16 adds IP webcam support, new photo gallery, new Get Started window.
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Record and play calls from various instant messengers and Skype...
- Import Mac OS Entourage e-mails to Microsoft Outlook.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Create and share training videos, presentations, and screencast...
- Convert your non-Outlook e-mails and import them into Microsoft...
- Record videos and take snap shots from any webcam.
- Record anything on your PC in Full HD, up to 100FPS, with no la...
- Record screen and audio activity on your PC to create AVI and S...
- Transfer mail archives from Mac OS to Outlook for Windows.
- Record videos from your screen, webcam or other video devices o...
- Record screen actions, video, and sound being played back on PC...
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 671 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content