ManOpen is a MacOS X GUI application for viewing Unix manual pages, which is the standard documentation for Unix command line programs, programmer libraries, and other system information. It can open files directly or be given titles, in which case it will display the output from the `man' command-line program. An apropos interface is also provided, which is basically a quick-and-dirty search of the man page databases. Services are provided to other applications to open selected files/titles or do apropos searches using the selected text.
What's new in this version:
- Requires MacOS X 10.4; works on 10.7
- Updated to use more current MacOS interface
- Added a "Copy URL" function to copy the current page URL to the clipboard (suggested by Quinn)
- Handle versions of groff/grotty which use ANSI escape sequences (reported by Kim Holburn)
- Preference on Lion to disable saving of open windows upon quit