From Carl Lindberg:
ManOpen is a MacOS X GUI application for viewing Unix manual pages, which is the standard documentation for Unix command line programs, programmer libraries, and other system information. It can open files directly or be given titles, in which case it will display the output from the `man' command-line program. An apropos interface is also provided, which is basically a quick-and-dirty search of the man page databases. Services are provided to other applications to open selected files/titles or do apropos searches using the selected text.
What's new in this version:
- Requires MacOS X 10.4; works on 10.7
- Updated to use more current MacOS interface
- Added a "Copy URL" function to copy the current page URL to the clipboard (suggested by Quinn)
- Handle versions of groff/grotty which use ANSI escape sequences (reported by Kim Holburn)
- Preference on Lion to disable saving of open windows upon quit
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- The power of command line without getting near it.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- GUI front end for Fink packaging system.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- View Mac OS X man pages.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Create Mac OS X apps from scripts.
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Data visualization and automation software.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Full program (PGM) editor for the Akai MPC 1000.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Man page viewer for your browser.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: