Create your own/edit existing Virtual Machine to play with VMWare (R) Player or other compatible virtualization software.
Manage your virtual hardware settings, set new virtual hardware, including new virtual disks and hard disks 'clones':
you may clone physical disks to VMDK or convert MS Virtual PC VHDs to VMDK.
Migrate your real or Virtual PC OS to VMWare or Parallels Workstation!
Attach your hard disks to VMWare virtual machine.
With MakeVM you may even attach your USB flash drives as physical disks for virtual machine that is not works with VMWare virtual machine management software.
With new advanced 'Clone...' feature you may:
- Clone your hard drive to VMWare .VMDK or Parallels Workstation .HDD to make it to be a virtual disk for your virtual machine; this feature includes real Operation System transfer to virtual machine (see notice below);
- MS Virtual PC, VMWare and Parallels Workstation sparse disks to VMWare or Parallels Workstation conversion (their flat disk are compatible);
- FLAT disks to variable size VMWare .VMDK or Parallels Workstation .HDD conversion (supports RAW, VMWare, VirtualPC, Parallels flat disks as source);
- Varible size VMWare VMDK and Parallels Workstation disks compacting: if you have many files deleted, MakeVM allows you to clone your sparse disk to new one and skip unallocated disk space to make it much smaller; this feature works with FAT32 and NTFS file systems;
- Combine all features above into single 'conversion' process.
What's new in this version:
- Custom clone speed optimization;
- New virtual disks IO engine