CNET Editors' review
We have loved mahjong--or the popular computer version of it, which is really mahjong solitaire--ever since we first encountered it in our middle school computer lab. True mahjong is a multiplayer table game and bears little resemblance to the computer game that most Westerners know, which involves matching mahjong-style tiles with one another in order to clear the board. Mahjong In Poculis is the latter. If you're looking for traditional mahjong, this isn't it, but if you're a lover of mahjong solitaire, be prepared to spend a big chunk of your time with this addictive game.
The game's home screen lets you select your language, add players, and choose a difficulty level (child, standard, or expert). There are six themes to choose from--Asian, Halloween, neutral, wonderland, Easter, and Christmas--and each theme contains numerous different tile setups that reflect the theme. You must complete the first game in order to move on to the next one, with award medals along the way. The program's graphics are quite attractive, with options for 2D and 3D rendering, and each theme contains matching music that has its own volume control. A built-in Help file gives new users an overview of how the game is played, and a really detailed scoring interface gives serious players plenty of stats about their performance. We do wish that Mahjong In Poculis let you save games that are in progress, but this is a relatively minor complaint. Overall, this is the best digital version of mahjong that we've encountered, and we recommend it.
Mahjong In Poculis installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a folder behind upon removal.
Mahjong game is designed for the Mahjong lovers, and for those who enjoy challenging memorization and a sharp eye. The visuals are fun and it is very user friendly. Start your solitaire Mahjong fun by finding matching Mahjong pieces amongst the plethora, and clicking them to get them off the screen. All of the Mahjong pieces can be cleared, but it takes some discipline, strategy, and a little bit of luck.
What's new in this version: Version 4.54 has better CPU usage.
More Products to Consider
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Update the look and feel of GTA 3 with this add-on.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Add social media applications in your game with ease.
- Modify your computer's settings to increase your gaming perform...
- Improve your PC and Internet speed performance.
- Play a 3D tank shooting game.
- Advance an entire civilization in this strategy game.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 55 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Very Good and Of Course It Is Free"
Version: Mahjong In Poculis 4.54
Many levels and graphic and music very nice. Music especially well suited and good for Chinese music relaxation and inspiration.
Cannot go to other levels without finishing the current level. Tiles are OK but could be a little larger or give the choice to pick different tiles.
I liked it and more traditional as I also enjoy since many of the modern versions of Mahjong are too decorative without the simplicity of matching tiles. This is sticking to the model I like best.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content