CNET Editors' review
Magic View&Converter is supposed to allow users to view, mark up, and convert different file types. But its sloppy interface and cumbersome navigation left a lot to be desired.
The program's poorly designed interface has rows of command buttons stacked on top of each other, which left a lot of wasted space. Some of the button descriptions were cut off from view; some ran into each other, and others were cut off altogether. We started by clicking the Open button, where we were able to browse for and select a file for view. Our JPEG file appeared, and using the flip buttons, we were able to flip our image horizontally, vertically, and 90, 180, or 270 degrees. If you want anything in between, you're out of luck: You're stuck with the options they give you. The Markup/Measure feature, which introduced even more rows of tiny, unintuitive buttons, let us add text, boxes, and other illustrations to the image. Though each tool performed its function, we found them awkward to use and not as precise as other image editing programs. We then moved on to a Word document but were unable to use any of the markup tools and could only rotate and zoom in and out of the document. The online Help file seems to have been written by someone unfamiliar with the English language.
Magic View&Converter's free trial only allows 20 file views. It installs a desktop icon without asking, but it uninstalls cleanly. Still, we don't recommend this program.
From Magic Software:
Magic View&Converter is a Document viewing, convert, markup, print, and measure application. With it you can: Displaying over 400 different file formats without the authoring application; Convert the file of all supports to DXF(2D ,3D mesh), DWG(2D ,3D mesh), DWF, STL, VRML, WMF, EMF ,CGM, SWF, HPGL, SVG(SVGZ), EPS, TIFF, BMP ,PNG, JPEG, GIF etc; Create markups for all its readable file formats without the document's authoring application; As one very excellent print control software, Offer print option include postmark, watermark and banner; Provides the ability to perform measurements in 2D/3D files. It can support Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Lotus123 and TIFF various popular official business and graph file format. The support for 2D/3D CAD and EDA is fairly outstanding.Can directly open DWG, DXF, DWF, MicroStation, DGN, HPGL, CGM, IGES, ME10, Cadkey, EPS and Visio file.For designer, the possibility of more contact is the file of 3D CAD.If install professional mechanical design or electronic design software only for view or print a file, its price will not be too little perhaps. Magic View&Converter has offered good support for 3D CAD,for example CATIA, UG, Pro/E, Soild, Edge, SolidWorks, Inventor, Mechanical, JT, ACIS, STEP, IGES, STL etc.
What's new in this version: Add DXF,DWG,DWF,HPGL,WMF,EMF,CGM,SVG(Z),SWF,EPS output
More Products to Consider
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Generate display and printer output at runtime.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Convert DWG/DXF files into BMP, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, EMF, and ...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Export geometric data to HPGL plot files.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Export geometric data to HPGL plot files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Import geometric data from HPGL PLT files.
- Convert files between DXF, DWG, and DXB formats.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Create, edit, view, and print CAD drawings.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Convert between DWG, DXF, PDF, DWF and various image formats wi...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Manage, view, edit, and convert industrial drawings in many for...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, print, convert, and encrypt your DWG files.
- Merge images to PDF and convert from JPEG, JPG, BMP, GIF, forma...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"300 megabytes of maggot slime!!!"
Version: Magic View&Converter 6.01
DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNDER ANY CONDITIONS
This is Chinese software. Suspect virus/spyware/malware
The entire download
In the first place the "finishing installation" took over 20 minutes to close, and tied up the entire computer. I traded emails with someone who claimed to be a representative. Who sent me a command line solution that didn't work. After 3hours of trying to get this thing to even open. I gave up when the rep stopped returning emails. I restarted, completely shut down & restarted that way-no dice. uninstalled, reinstalled, shredded with File Shredder (excellent program)reinstalled, Combinations of all the above. Finally went into program files and shredded again.