CNET Editors' review
Despite a novel way to bring this monitoring program out of hiding, its stealth mode will only thwart the most inexperienced of users.
Mach7 Remote Spy Keylogger's interface is something of an eyesore, with a solid black background and a mix of white, blue, and neon green text. There aren't that many options to set, so you'll be spared staring at the jarring interface for too long. You can set it to run at system start in regular or hidden mode, set the interval between screenshots, and remove the program from the Start menu. You'll also need to enter a password, which you can enter while you're in any program, such as Notepad or Microsoft Word, which allows you to type in it. Be sure to select a word that isn't likely to be typed by those you want to monitor. Aside from settings, the menu at the top has only a few other options to view screenshots and keys pressed. The screenshots are Mach7 Remote Spy Keylogger's best feature. You can easily scroll through the .png files and view what was showing on the monitored PC. Viewing the keys pressed provides some information, but it can be hard to read any typed text amid the keys pressed, which appear in brackets. It also failed to recognize all programs, and had several entries that were listed only as Unknown. Here again the black background and white text are hard on the eyes. The program's biggest failure is its stealth mode. When we opted to remove the program from the Start menu, we found that it disappeared immediately. It also didn't show up in the Program Files folder or the Applications tab of the Task Manager. It did, however, appear in the Process tab and in Add/Remove Programs and was easily removed. The option to send data via e-mail is disabled in the seven-day trial version.
Quite simply, there are better monitoring programs on the market. Even if you don't mind the unfortunate color scheme, Mach7 Remote Spy Keylogger is easily revealed and removed by savvy users.
Mach7 Remote Spy KeyLogger is a key logger and activity monitor. While the computer operator is not idle, Mach7 logs all keys pressed and takes photos of the screen. Surveillance data can be sent to you via email. A perfect surveillance solution for family, employees or anyone using the computer at home or office.
Version 2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Log user activity on your computer and keep record of all keys ...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Record every detail of what is happening on your PC.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Record all keystrokes typed on your computer.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Record all keystrokes and programs run.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Monitor and Protect your children.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Record what your relatives or employers are doing on your compu...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Record what other people are typing on your computer with this ...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Monitor user activity on your PC remotely using any web browser...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Monitor computer activities on a single PC or PCs connected to ...
- Record and view user activity on the computer in your absence.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Excellent choice PC"
Version: Mach7 Remote Spy Keylogger 2
Mach7 may be the fastest/best hidden keylogger available. And I can tell you I have tried quite a few in my day (I have seven kids aged 5-17) Other Key Loggers are slow or dysfunctional, but I was extra impressed with Mach7 Keylogger. Easy to use.
none, 'tis brilliant
Mach7 is so easy to install and use, only the least tech skilled user would have any problem. If you can browse the internet and read your email, you can use Mach7 to watch over your kids/family and make sure they aren't getting into trouble in the interwebs ;)
As far as PC keyloggers go, this is the Cadillac. You can watch your kids and everything they do and you don't even have to be there (since this has remote logging capability) 5 stars
"Don't waste your time."
Version: Mach7 Remote Spy Keylogger 2
nothing... doesn't work.
Microsoft .NET framework error. I tried to install this program on 2 different computers and got the same errors. I paid for the full version too. I contacted their customer support and received no help and no money back.
I would give this zero stars if I could. The bottom line is that the company that makes this software provided you the opportunity to give them $30 and get absolutely nothing in return. I kept getting a Microsoft .NET Framework error on 2 different computers. I emailed their customer support and they never responded. I emailed their customer support about getting a refund and guess what... No response. Easy for a company to steal money from you when you have no way to get it back. $30 isn't a joke to lose. I'm not a competing company, I'm just a person who wanted to watch "my own" computer to see if other people were accessing it when I was at work. Don't be foolish and waste your money on this company. You might as well go donate $30 to your favorite charity, at least that way, you won't feel like you got robbed.