MacGPG2 is the Mac OS X port of GnuPG, licensed under the GNU GPL. The aims of the project are to make GnuPG easy to install, provide a native MacOSX pinentry utility and interact with existing GnuPG tools for MacOSX.
What's new in this version:
- Issue 21: added missing gpg-agent patch.
- Issue 24: fixing invalid gpg.conf files.
- Issue 30: Patch to facilitate IDEA support; requires alternative encryption library (NOT INCLUDED).
- Issue 32: fixing permissions.
- Issue 33: fixing incorrectop options in gpg-agent.conf.
- Issue 40: fixing unusable secret keys on 32-bit machines.
More Products to Consider
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Easy-to-use protection from viruses, Trojans and worms. Quarant...
- Hide and protect files and folders. Receive mail with iSight ca...
- Protect your privacy by blocking online tracking.
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- MacKeeper is like 911 for your Mac.
- Encrypt your valuable sensitive data.
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Network protocol analysis app: deep inspection, live capture & ...
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Store passwords, logins, notes, then sync to your mobile phone ...
- Replacement backup tool for pax, catering for HFS+.
- Monitor your home and your loved ones from anywhere - with any ...
- Find out what your kids are doing online.
- File extraction tool for .tgz, .tar, .zip formats.
- Protect the Data You Share & Store in the Cloud.
- Command line ACE archive extractor.
- Monitor user activity on your Mac Pro, iMac, MacBook, MacBook A...
All versions:1.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works fine for me, does what it says"
Version: MacGPG2 2.0.17-9
The only free, open source encryption software available based on PGP. Easy to write an Applescript-based GUI. Much cheaper than the $100+ PGP package.
No GUI, but there never has been one. I wrote my own Applescript-based GUI which works well.
When it comes to protecting sensitive information, you don't want to mess around with new programs that pop up out of nowhere, with unknown history and integrity. GPG has been around for many years, is open source, and trusted all over the world. A GUI is only needed if you are encrypting and decrypting files, otherwise GPG provides all the needed Mail plugins and services. For file encryption it is unfortunate they do not provide a GUI, but it is not difficult to write your own Applescript based GUI, for example, by sending a shell command to the Terminal. The third-party program 'GPG Tools' from a few years ago will not run on Snow Leopard, that was a poor program anyway as it occasionally left open processes. GPG program does what it says and I've never had a problem. I feel these 1-star reviews are from misguided people who don't understand the value of free software and the ease of Applescript scripting.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: