CNET Editors' review
Ignition distills the LogMeIn start-up process into a small, simple program. Instead of having to download and run the installer on an unfamiliar machine, you can carry around the lightweight Ignition on any USB device and run it from there.
It's a bit annoying that the program must be installed first on your home desktop. From there, copy the EXE onto a portable device such as an iPod, flash drive or a BlackBerry. Connect that device to any PC, double-click on Ignition and you've got instant access to any of the machines saved in your LogMeIn account. It also saves your username and password, skipping that pesky human memory component of the process.
Ignition works just fine on a standard hard drive for those of you who regularly use the same computer as your base for remote access and you need to quickly get in, do your remote thing and get out. Unfortunately, it's not free. It's not going to break your bank, either--it's only $8.95 a year. Be warned, though: Ignition doesn't allow access to your home PC from a handheld device, but given the innovation and diversity we're seeing here, hopefully that kind of functionality will come along soon enough.
Specifically designed for simple one-click access to multiple computers from any location, Ignition gives you instant access to all your PCs, whether they are LogMeIn Free, Pro or IT Reach computers.Ignition is portable and can be stored and run from any flash thumb drive, iPod, PDA, or Blackberry - just plug into a computer and connect immediately without installation or configuration. If you don't need to carry it around, then you can simply install Ignition on your local PC for one click access to all of your PCs. Your login information and preferences are stored securely, enabling instant access from anywhere without having to remember all of your passwords. Advantages of LogMeIn Ignition: Save your login information securely. Powerful remote control - from anywhere. Instantly access your PCs without a web browser. Move files quickly between PCs. Plug in a USB key drive and use from any PC. Automatically print remote files locally.
What's new in this version: This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Improve the speed and reliability of any WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G or wi...
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Scan the Web content and local files.
- Turn your laptop into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot to share with fr...
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: LogMeIn Ignition 1.1.22
Use this for fixing computers, useful if you want to see which client is on line without logging on to the site via a browser.
Wish it was cheaper
User friendly, gives access to file sharing, remote access, and dash board features, use it daily.
"Nice-to-have product - High Price!"
Version: LogMeIn Ignition 1.1.22
This software eliminates the need to go through the LogMeIn.com website to remotely access your PCs.
This is only the access METHOD, not the PC client. It's $39.95/yr. and needed only if you cannot access LogMeIn.com remotely. Where access to remote controll websites is blocked, this is useful, but $40/yr???
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content