From Objective Development:
A firewall protects your computer against unwanted guests from the Internet. But who protects your private data from being sent out? Little Snitch does!
Little Snitch informs you whenever a program attempts to establish an outgoing Internet connection. You can then choose to allow or deny this connection, or define a rule how to handle similar, future connection attempts. This reliably prevents private data from being sent out without your knowledge. Little Snitch runs inconspicuously in the background and it can also detect network related activity of viruses, trojans and other malware.
What's new in this version:
- Automatic software update.
- Improved screen sharing support.
- Improved privacy: Network Monitor no longer shows the destination of other user's connections.
- Fixes a rare kernel panic.
- Fixes a bug in combination with sockets of protocol divert.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 143 votes
Current version:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Little Snitch 2.5.2 does NOT run in 64 bit"
Version: Little Snitch 2.5
There are claims circulating that Little Snitch 2.5.2 supports 64 bit mode. Simply Google, "Little Snitch 64 bit" & you'll see for yourself. As Marshall McLuhan noted, "I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't believed it."
It may reportedly "support" 64 bit mode but it doesn't actually run in 64 bit mode according to my Snow Leopard's (v.10.6.8) proprietary Activity Monitor application. What's up with that? Am I missing something?
I would gladly purchase Little Snitch Version 2.5.2, however, until the folks @objectivedevlopment come up with a fix or check with the powers that be at Apple about the issue, I think I'll hold on to my $29.95.
"Not at all helpful to me"
Version: Little Snitch 2.5
Let's you know what your apps are up to
Doesn't indicate whether it's anything to be concerned about.
Thought it was a nuisance and uninstalled it. The things it notified me of were, best I could tell, routine, and even if there had been cause for alarm, I wouldn't have known it without researching each alert. Other users love it - they probably know a great deal more than I do!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content