From Quantum Imagery:
Linear Laundry is a two-part application designed to accurately and easily develop RAW photos. One part develops the RAW into a linear PSD file, and the a set of Photoshop actions can be used to create a true-color image. The final result is dramatically increased image quality, without the hightlight blow-outs typical of built-in processors.
Linear Laundry is:
Raw to Linear PSD.app
- Mac OS X native application that converts Canon CRW photos to a linear PSD
- Built using dcraw and Platypus. You don't need to install or compile dcraw, an OS X binary is included inside the program.
- This is a set of photoshop actions to easily develop Linear PSDs into bright, correctly colored photos.
- The actions are non-destructive. Each of the actions uses effect layers to 'develop' the photo, so the original PSD is on the bottom layer, untouched.
- All of the actions can be used in batch processing as desired.
- The actions include: (pictures can be found on the product page)
- Gentle Cycle - Preserves all highlights. Takes about 30 seconds per image, but for high-saturation photos, it's worth the wait.
- Quick Rinse - Develops about the same as Gentle Cycle, but can blow some highlights. Much Faster, ~2 sec/image.
- Bleach 'an a Bucket - Sometimes beautiful, sometimes a train wreck. Almost always an interesting effect. Some have described it as "Holga-like"
- Ansel Adams - High-contrast Black and White, with a slight channel skew
- Tumble Dry Low - Light sharpening routines
- High Heat - Heavy sharpening. May cause slight pixelation.
- Gimme a JPEG - convert from 16-bit to 8-bit mode, change the color profile for a web-based JPEG
- Processes an entire set of photos using RAW to Linear PSD and LinearLaundry.atn
- Creates a set of full-res, JPEG images, and imports them into iPhoto
- Cleans up after itself.
- Uses jhead to re-add the camera EXIF information after processing.
- Assumes a very particular directory structure to work! Specifically:
- You are using Image Capture to download both CRW and THM files to the "Pictures" folder
- You have folders called "RAW Darkroom" and "RAW Negatives" made in your Pictures folder. "RAW Darkroom" will be used for temporary processing, and "RAW Negatives" will be used as long-term storage for your CRW and THM files
- Since Photoshop doesn't like it when people touch the keyboard in batch mode, you may want to run "Process Raw Darkroom.app" when you're going to step away from the computer for a bit.
What's new in this version: 1.1.1 - Fixed jhead bug in "Process Raw Darkroom.app", so EXIF is now added on again successfully.
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Make your images look beautiful and realistic.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- Sync iPhoto libraries across computers (was iPhotoSync).
- View comic and manga images.
- Single-click, slideshow-based image sorting & more.
- Professional-grade raw converter and image editor.
- Create logos that look like a Photoshop guru spent hours labori...
- Scientific, pixel-by-pixel image processing & analysis.
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Organize photos fast, import only needed photos from the camera...
- Detects duplicates, thumbnails, thumbnails of faces, missing ph...
- Batch convert your photos with ease.