CNET Editors' review
This is easily one of the more useful freeware file encryption programs we've found, and the latest version fixes a few minor bugs. Kruptos 2's file menu and icon interface is the picture of simplicity. Encryption is almost effortless. You can drag and drop files to the Kruptos 2 window, and the latest version adds support for dragging and dropping folders.
The encryption algorithm is Blowfish 128-bit, and fast. A key feature obfuscates file names but leaves folder names unaltered. The program offers a feature to see original file names with the proper password, but it is invoked one file at a time. However, Windows integration means you can perform all functions from your context menu.
Unlike many similar programs, files in nested folders are all quickly encrypted as individual files. With a single click you can decrypt a file and edit it, and the file re-encrypts on close. Self-extracting encrypted files are created with a minimum of fuss. The Shred function deletes original files to DOD standards. The program does offer a nag screen for donations, but only once. Kruptos2, with all its features, is what every user needing simple file encryption desires.
From Kruptos 2 Software:
Kruptos 2 Professional is a file security program that use 256bit encryption to prevent your private files from being modified, read or even accessed without the correct password. You can password protect any file such as your photos, movies, credit card data, tax returns or any other private file.
The program integrates seamlessly into Microsoft Windows explorer and automatically re-encrypts your files when you're finished editing or viewing them so you don't have to worry about your files ever being left unsecured. Kruptos 2 Professional also allows you to send encrypted emails over the internet, create encrypted ZIP files, create self-extracting encrypted files plus many other useful security additions. Kruptos 2 Professional works under 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7/Vista/XP and later.
What's new in this version: Version 188.8.131.52 updates auto re-encryption interface, removes output windows in favour of a report being shown.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Protect your PC in real time from malware & spyware.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Reduce multiple passwords to one single item.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Protect your PC from various malicious threats with antivirus a...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Find and remove specific viruses from your PC.
- Get the latest antivirus updates.
- Get updated virus pattern files.
- Update Norton virus definitions and antivirus products.
- Protect your system and files from virus and spyware.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 177 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Kruptos 2 Professional 184.108.40.206
Ease of use, with a clean uncluttered appearance.
Still unable to group select files using the Windows Ctrl or Shift Keys.
I recommend this program to anyone wanting to encrypt files.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content