What's new in this version: Bug Fixes
- Code Intelligence: PHP: Allow completions for files that use the same base name. (Bug 93859)
- Code Intelligence: PHP: Show completions for core PHP interfaces. (Bug 98831)
- Code Intelligence: Python: Allow completions and calltips even when no Python interpreter is found/configured. (Bug 98174)
- Debugger: Python: Fix python2 remote debugging package. (Bug 98532)
- Debugger: Python: Report types of ints and bools correctly, not as "str". (Bug 98546... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Multi-platform, multi-language IDE for end-to-end development o...
- Updates Java components.
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Hide and unhide applications easily without a trackpad.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Live the experience of being a race car driver.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Create and record audio and data CDs.
- Manage business database applications.
- Edit music, voice, and other audio recordings.
- Baseball managers' tools.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Alternative to Time Capsule for backups.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Run Google Analytics as a native application.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Manage your contacts, send messages, and dial phone numbers.
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Add, integrate, design and customize information on your deskto...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"the best free multi-platform programmer's editor on osx"
Version: Komodo Edit 6.1.2
~ free / open source
~ dozens of languages built-in
~ syntax highlighting
~ syntax checking
~ predictive auto-completion
~ tabbed windowing
~ lots of time saving features
~ drag and drop interface
~ built-in HTML preview
~ code collapse
~ built-in ftp
~ customizable / configurable
~ works on osx, win, and linux and provides identical user experience across all three
I teach web design at a h.s. with mac osx workstations. It was a nightmare finding a good programmer's editor for osx that didn't do *too much* for my students (so they would actually learn how to code), yet had "training wheels" like syntax highlighting, was affordable for my school, and was multi-platform (so they could work at home on their projects also).
To the reviewer who said it is not free: you are confusing Komodo *IDE* with Komodo *Edit*. Komodo Edit is free (no-trial) and open source and can be downloaded from ActiveState's website. Komodo IDE is a commercial product built on top of Komodo Edit.
~ I wish it hooked in to HTMLTidy / the W3C HTML syntax checker natively.
~ The ftp connector is useful for experts, but confusing for beginners who need to modify a local copy, then "push" it to the server.
This is *the* way to go if you are looking for a programmer's editor that is free and runs on osx or on several platforms.
Version: Komodo Edit 6.0.3
I have no idea.
If you go to their website, it says that the price is $295. It's not a free product, is it? Providing a 21-day trial version doesn't make it a free product.