Kiss My Tiara: How to Rule the World as a SmartMouth Goddess
Susan Jane Gilman
Grand Central Publishing
February 1, 2001
Irreverent, provocative, hip - and always funny - this guide to power and attitude offers women an intelligent alternative to the negative messages we hear every day from magazines, television and relatives. A Cynthia Heimel for a new generation, Susan Jane Gilman serves up uncommon wisdom and practical advice on everything from sex to politics, from turning shopping skills into a power tool to using man-catching techniques for salary negotiations. Be a Smart Mouth goddess when it comes to...* Beauty: Sure, beauty has the power to excite men. But so does a box of donuts. * Men: After eons of "civilisation" guys still have trouble understanding the word "no." Luckily, there's one word that's guy Kryptonite: "commitment." * Money: Feminists have condemned capitalism as patriachal and exploitative. They obviously never tried to buy tampons in Communist China in 1986. * Politics: Hey, somebody's gotta rule the world. It might as well be us.
About the Author
SUSAN JANE GILMAN has written commentary for the New York Times, Ms., US, and the Los Angeles Times, among others. Winner of several literary awards for her fiction and essays, she is a native New Yorker who currently lives in "rent exile" in Washington, D.C.
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience by combining the familiarity and timelessness of books with the convenience of New Media. Iceberg makes it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy the written word.
- Natural book-like reading experience with full pagination, like the original printed editions.
- Each title includes cover art, front matter, running heads and page numbers.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Brightness adjustment with paper-like backgrounds.
- Swipe to turn the page.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
- Integrates with iTunes bookstore, so your next Iceberg book is just one click away.
Hachette Book Group USA is a leading US trade publisher headquartered in New York, and owned by Hachette Livre, the second largest publisher in the world. In one year, HBGUSA publishes approximately 450 adult books, 150 young adult and childrens books, and 60 audio book titles. In 2007, the company had a record 82 books on the New York Times bestseller list, with 20 of them ranked #1. In addition to selling and distributing its own imprints, HBG distributes publishing lines for Chronicle Books, Microsoft Learning, Arcade, Time Inc. Home Entertainment, Harry N. Abrams, InnovativeKids, Phaidon Press, Filipacchi Publishing, Kensington, MQ Publications, Strictly By The Book, Weinstein Books and Gildan Media.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in downtown New York City. Our proprietary technology is reshaping how people experience digital information and entertainment, and ScrollMotion is also helping many of the greatest names in traditional media tap the vast potential of the mobile space. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a review.
What's new in this version:
- Improved compatibility with iPad
- More intuitive user interface
- Ability to share notes and excerpts through Facebook and email
- Improved search functionality
- Enhancements to notes feature