CNET Editors' review
This aptly named program offers a detailed look at the browsing habits of anyone using your computer. Despite a few minor interface annoyances, it's a capable tool for capturing keystrokes.
At first glance, Keylog Detective's interface appears a bit cluttered, but it's easy to navigate. Prominent buttons for capturing and viewing keystroke information line the top and left side of the window. Click the Start Capture button and the program will immediately start recording your every move. You can view each session's keystroke details as well as any Web sites visited or programs accessed. The program's Playback feature even lets you view the entire session, although most of the window for viewing the actual visited Web sites was cut off from view and could not be resized. Still, we liked the program's capability to run in stealth mode, requiring specific commands to summon it from hiding. For even more protection, you can set the program not to appear on your Add/Remove Programs list. The Options menu offers encryption and password features that can keep unauthorized users from accessing the program itself. The Schedule feature also works well for capturing browsing information while you're away. Should you need it, a Help file is available, but most users should get the hang of the program after playing around with it for a few minutes.
Keylog Detective has a seven-day trial. It leaves program folders behind after it's uninstalled. We recommend this keystroke logger program for all users who need to see where their browser's been.
Completely invisible and easy to use, all information captured is stored in an encrypted log file. The log file can be sent secretly at scheduled intervals to any specified email address. All activity in Internet Explorer can be monitored, and Web pages are cached for viewing offline. Screenshots can be taken at given intervals, capturing everything that is currently on the screen. Monitor your computer while you are away, retrieve lost information, and monitor your children's activity.
What's new in this version: Version 4.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Protect files and emails using encryption software.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Software works as promised easy to install and use."
Version: Keylog Detective 4.3
This software's abililty to stay invisible and option (during instaltion) to not be included in the unistall control panel is truly a positive feature. The interface is also unique and nicely done.
Could not find any bugs at this time.