K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of VFW/ACM codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
- For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It has been very well tested. The pack doesn't contain any conflicting or buggy code
What's new in this version:
- Updated ffdshow to revision 1700
- Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 188.8.131.526
- Updated DivX to version 6.8.0
- Updated madFLAC to version 1.5
- Updated Media Player Classic
- Updated FLV splitter
- Added option to use the DivX filter for decoding Xvid video
- Fixed "Reset to recommended settings" shortcut
- Now installs an older version of Haali Media Splitter on Wind... See all new features »