Today's personal computers come with Operating Systems (OS) whose file system is based on a single file name and a single location to store your files. The need for better tools with more sophisticated features, in order to manage the exponentially growing flood of information that comes to us daily, is very much needed. The two biggest constraints in our current Personal Computer Operating Systems today are: - Files can have only one name - Files should only be stored in one location. InfoValet overcomes the limitation of "One name per file"by allowing you to assign 'Metadata' to a document, whenever you import a document into the InfoValet database. Metadata can be thought of as specific keywords of your own choice that you assign to a document. This metadata consists of a subject line and a nearly unlimited number of key phrases, which help you later in finding and grouping your documents. Once a document is in the database, you can easily modify the initial metadata. InfoValet comes with a search engine that uses this metadata to locate a specific document that may be hidden somewhere in your hard drive(s). To eliminate the 'One location per file' limitation, InfoValet allows you to set up a 'Virtual Folder Structure'. A virtual folder can be thought of as an imaginary filing cabinet that holds references to the original document. We specifically say reference and not copy because no documents are duplicated. Once imported in the InfoValet database, you can store any document in as many virtual folders as you like, without duplicating any information. Storing or moving documents around in the virtual folders structure is done by a simple drag and drop.
What's new in this version:
- Document Capture Workflows
- You can now create workflows (see Documents menu) that define parameters like renaming options, metadata to assign to documents and a list of logical folders to put the imported documents into. Once you activate a workflow and start the Document Capture function, all importing will be handled in the background and InfoValet will process all the documents you drop in the InfoValet Drop Folder (a single document or an complete multilevel folder structure)... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Screen capture utility.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- LaTeX editor geared toward editing large documents with multipl...
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Data recovery software.
- IDImposer prepares an Adobe InDesign document for N-Up Step-and...
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Recover your lost data.
- Manage your documents.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Create and edit encrypted RTFs with images.
- Manage .DS_Store files, resource forks, trash, etc.