CNET Editors' review
If you fear that someone will discover your passwords no matter how well you encrypt them, this app offers a unique solution for storing them according to a set of user-defined pictures. The drawback, of course, may come if the mnemonic doesn't remind you of the correct password.
ImagiPass installs an inconspicuous icon to the system tray. That's the simple part. At launch, the app opens a Help file that provides an overview of its features and describes how to use this password-security device. This information is a bit confusing, and would greatly benefit from simplified instructions. We found the interface for configuring a mnemonic to be rather amateurishly designed, a minor flaw in the whole scheme of things.
ImagiPass lets users configure graphic mnemonics for each password they configure. The security this app provides actually depends on the users memory, so if you have trouble remembering a password, you may also have trouble remembering what ImagiPasss picture combo is supposed to remind you of.
This app is simple enough to use, and worked fine in our tests. However, setting up the mnemonics didn't reassure us that we would accurately remember the associated passwords. The concept behind ImagiPass is interesting, but could use a bit more honing, especially in the area of user guidance. The trial period is rather short, but users will either love this tool or hate it, so it should be sufficient for most.
Most of us have important passwords that we would never want to forget or outsiders to know. This is where ImagiPass comes in. The main goal of ImagiPass is to provide maximum security for passwords. ImagiPass is as safe as Fort Knox. No one else but you will ever be able to access or retrieve your passwords. What's more, you won't have to memorize any password. And you will still be able to recall any of them whenever needed. This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version: Create and manage crucially important passwords.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Manage your passwords in a secure and automated environment.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Store and protect your passwords and other sensitive informatio...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Store your personal information in a protected database.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Create your own store and manage current working issues.
- Hide and set the access rights to your data, and encrypt your p...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect your critical business information.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Keep your passwords and login information safe.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Lock your computer content with a password.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect your privacy and prevent the recording or stealing sens...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Store and manage internet usernames and passwords in a safe env...
- Keep all your Web passwords automatically remembered and protec...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"outstanding safety,user friendly; easy setup"
Version: ImagiPass 188.8.131.52
designed well; secure; user friendly; convenient
must re-install each time you turn computer off, unless you DELIBERATELY close this program, which then require re-registering with re-install.
Images easier to remember and associate with different sites than trying to remember numbers or symbols.