From Gear Box Computers:
IP Watcher is a powerful application that monitors your public and local IP address. If your IP address changes it will send an email or SMS Text Message alert containing the new WAN IP address. This alert also includes the computer name, local IP address and time the change occurred. This is useful for computers that have dynamically assigned IP addresses, but need to be accessed remotely. Works great for Windows XP Remote Desktop, PC Anywhere, etc. IP Watcher also has an icon that sits in the windows system tray area that can be clicked to view the status or right clicked for a configuration menu. Version 3.0 runs as a Windows Service, no need to be logged in to the computer. Don't be left out in the cold again, take control of your remote access via IP address monitoring with IP Watcher.
What's new in this version:
Version 18.104.22.168 has improved the way IP Watcher sends text message alerts.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Send messages to thousands of computers via IP numbers.
- Deploy software to computers remotely with no client needed.
- Use ping, WHOIS and traceroute functions.
- Set the IP address to static with just a few clicks.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- E-mail notification utility.
- Get informed when your IP address is changed.
- Administer a multi-protocol FTP server and monitor its performa...
- Deploy multiple applications in Terminal Services without the c...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Technical support will not answer your email"
Version: IP Watcher 22.214.171.124
Works as advertised -- low overhead, sends changed IP addresses via text or email.
Routine computer updates or hardware upgrades impact the license, which in turn deactivates legitimate licenses. I now have software I have paid for (two licenses) that the company wants me to purchase again to use on the same two machines. Despite multiple emails to customer service, sales, and technical support, Gearbox Computers has completely ignored my continued emails asking for support resolving this issue.
Product works great as long as you plan on never upgrading your computers or changing anything. If you do, consider a competitor's product that has folks who will actually answer their email.