CNET Editors' review
Homeopathy is a database of information about homeopathic remedies to health problems. The program looks like it could be a worthwhile resource, although it's hard to tell when the trial version disables so much of the program's functionality.
The program's interface is fairly intuitive, with large buttons representing each of its features. Users can read a several-page introduction that explains in general terms how homeopathy works. Most of the rest of the program's content is unavailable in the trial version; there are databases of afflictions, remedies, and cell salts that trial users don't have access to, as well as pages dealing with cardiovascular, digestive, eye, and skin problems. A tongue indicator page, also unavailable in the trial version, helps users discern what the condition of their tongue may say about their health. The program does contain a brief help dialog for using the database, but there is no true Help file that covers the entire program. Overall, we found the trial version of the program pretty useless, and we're not sure the full version is much better. We admit that we don't know much about homeopathy, but we would like to know more about where the creator of this program got its information; there seemed to be a distinct lack of documentation.
Homeopathy is free to try, but the trial version hardly does anything. It installs desktop icons without asking and leaves a file behind upon removal. We recommend this program with reservations; although it may contain some useful information, overall, we were not impressed.
From Zentrum Publishing:
Homeopathy Software provides a wealth of information in 3 databanks: Afflictions (displays homeopathic remedy charts by affliction and related symptoms), Materia Medica (lists information on specific homeopathic products), and Cell Salts (tissue salts). The shareware version includes an introduction to homeopathy, homeopathic remedy charts for 50 selected Afflictions, and full listing information for 50 Homeopathic Products/Remedies. Registration provides full access to all 255 Affliction listings, 433 Materia Medica listings, and the Cell Salts databank. Also included: a Tongue Indicator tool and quick Reference Charts for afflictions of the Bones, Eye, Heart, Skin, Nervous and Digestive Systems.
What's new in this version: Version 5.2 added more entries; Homeopathic names in the Afflictions databank can now be clicked to open the specific profile in the Remedies databank.
More Products to Consider
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Allow you to perform a live saving operation on your Windows PC...
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Calculate Muslim prayer time and Qiblah direction anywhere in t...
- Organize recipes, print family cookbooks, make meal plans, shop...
- Create, print and organize your recipes using these printable r...
- Read the CBR files.
- Manage and organize your recipes into cookbooks.
- Print a cookbook with recipes and photos of your own.
- Organize and create your own personalized cookbook.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Choose your meal for the day from a recipe catalog.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"what a waste of time"
Version: Homeopathy 5.0
do not like and do not trust this program
Installed, error box: "Expired trial version" on installation, could not get rid of this box. Could not uninstall. Eventually was able to go to task manager to stop that process with the error box, but the un-install would not complete.
"Very helpful, not standalone"
Version: Homeopathy 4.2
I've found very useful information in this program, some homeopathic applications that I would have difficulty finding elsewhere. It costs about as much as a good book and is a good addition to one's homeopathic library. It would not stand alone as one's only homeopathic reference. Yes, the free version only allows access to some of the entries, but the paid version of course allows all and there is a lot of info included. When researching a problem or remedy, this is one of the references I always consult, so for me it is well worth the price. The publisher was very helpful with my questions too.
A little clumsy to navigate. Can search and list entry titles (afflictions and remedies) but can't search in descriptions. Not a stand-alone.
"THE WORST TRIAL VERSION DOWNLOAD!!!"
Version: Homeopathy 4
IN THE NAME OF NATURAL MEDICINES, WHAT THESE HIGHLY COMMERCIAL PEOPLE ARE SELLING IS JUST CRAP! THIS SO CALLED HOMEOPATHY SOFTWARE IS SUCH A USELESS SOFTWARE THAT YOU DON'T GET ANY USE OUT OF IT. MOST OF THE ENTRIES AND RECORDS ARE NOT THERE!. MORE OVER THE FEW MEDICINES AND SYMPTOMS GIVEN, IF SEEN ON THE SCREEN ARE LAUGHABLE. IT WONT BE USEFUL TO EVEN A SMALL CHILD WHO WANTS TO LEARN HOMEOPATHY, LEAVE ALONE THE PRACTITIONERS. IT IS NOT EVEN BASIC. AND THERE ARE NUMEROUS ANNOYING MESSAGES OF EMPTY RECORDS AND BUY IT PROPOSITIONS.
BUT WHEN I SEE THE LEVEL OF SUBJECT THEY HAVE GIVEN ON THE SCREEN, I THINK IT WILL BE TOTALLY USELESS FOR ANY HOMEOPATHIC OR EVEN FOR ANY LEARNERS. YOU CANNOT PRESCRIBE ANY DRUG, BY THE FEW LINES OF MATTER THEY GAVE.....A SMALL BOOK WILL BE MUCH BETTER THAN THIS......A WASTED EFFORT.....I DON'T EVEN GIVE IT A SINGLE STAR.....
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content