CNET Editors' review
Have you ever wondered if other people might have been using your computer while you are away? Worry no more. History Viewer from Digital Forensics Studio is a free application that details a computer's specific usage. It will provide such information as programs used, visited Web sites, files opened, as well as searches that have been done on the machine.
The software has a simple but easily understandable interface. The left-most pane lets the user pick what history they want to view under the browser used: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox. They can also choose to view Windows-related usage from this same pane. Double-clicking on the item will allow the user to view what content was accessed. The list generated by the viewer can also be exported as a separate report.
In these times of identity theft and other online security hazards, History Viewer is a handy tool that can help prevent the unauthorized use of a computing device. Simply knowing that a machine has the software installed could already act as a deterrent. The application installs and uninstalls cleanly.
From Digital Forensics Studio:
History Viewer is designed to find out what have been done on your computer. With History Viewer, you can find out what the others have done on your computer, including Web sites they have been, text, images, movies they have seen, and also files they have opened or saved, the history of search they have done, and programs they have run at the Start menu.
What's new in this version: Version 5.1 added support for Mozilla Firefox 16, Google Chrome 23 and Internet Explorer 10.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect your PC from all kinds of virus threats.
- Check your system for viruses with a lightweight antivirus on a...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Add a Web based updating system to your software.
- Record all keystrokes executed on your PC.
- Password protect your photos, movies, documents, or any other f...
- Erase tracks of your online and offline activities, including h...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect against any threats via USB drive and protect offline c...
- Monitor all your network connections or a specific network conn...
- Lock computer to prevent unwanted access with Virtual Screen to...
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Optimize Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Follow web based and downloadable software, and other computer ...
- Lock computer to prevent unwanted access, keep people off your ...
- Sweep out old registries, repair structural errors, and recover...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content