CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
This physics game gives you all the fun of a bumpy ride without any skull fractures and will definitely quench your thirst for off-road driving. Hill Climb Racing becomes a little boring if you get stuck at the same level, but loads of customization and upgrade options will keep you coming back.
The game's Super Nintendo-style graphics makes it run incredibly smooth and won't tax your phone's processor. You will hear some goofy laughs whenever you flip your car and crush the redneck behind the wheel, which you'll do often. Though it's funny when you hear his neck snap after flipping the car the first couple of times, it's a little frustrating to hit the same bumps every time and have to start from the beginning. Luckily, you can update many of your car's parts or upgrade to a whole new vehicle altogether. This allows you to advance in the game without actually having to beat the level that's giving you trouble. That, in addition to the dozens of levels and vehicles to unlock, makes it easy to get stuck playing the Hill Climb Racing for hours.
Though the gameplay becomes difficult and repetitive after a while, it's more addicting than it is annoying. Hill Climb Racing offers enough upgrades and minimal ad intrusion to make it one of the best time-killers in the Google Play store. It's easy enough that anyone can pick it up and play, but offers enough options to make it worth playing over and over.
One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based driving game ever made for Android! And it's free!Meet Newton Bill, the young aspiring uphill racer. He is about to embark on a journey that takes him to where no ride has ever been before. With little respect to the laws of physics, Newton Bill will not rest until he has conquered the highest hills up on the moon!Face the challenges of six unique hill climbing environments. Gain bonuses from daring tricks and collect coins to upgrade your car and reach even higher distances. Watch out though - Bill's stout neck is not what it used to be when he was a kid! And his good ol' gasoline crematorium will easily run out of fuel.Features: - Upgradeable car (Engine, Suspension, Tires and 4WD) - 6 stages with levels to reach in each (Countryside, Desert, Arctic and the Moon! +++) - Share your score with a screenshot with your friends! - Cool graphics and smooth physics simulation - Designed to look good on low resolution and high resolution devices (incl. tablets) - Real turbo sound when you upgrade your engine!Tested on following devices: - Galaxy S2 - Galaxy S3 - Galaxy Mini - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Galaxy Y - Motorola DefyWe'd appreciate if you'd report any issues you're having with the game to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your device make and model.Recent changes:1.2.0:- New level: Cave- Sound toggle button- Fixed sky showing behind terrain on very high cliffs- Some other minor tunes / fixes1.1.1:- Fixed dirt particles moving while paused- Improved result screen performance on some devices1.1.0:- Added a new level: Highway- Game now fills the entire screen on every aspect ratio- Fixed pedal getting stuck on some devices when tapped frequently- Better font for low resolution devices (Galaxy Mini, Galaxy Y)Content rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: 1.2.0:- New level: Cave- Sound toggle button- Fixed sky showing behind terrain on very high cliffs- Some other minor tunes / fixes1.1.1:- Fixed dirt particles moving while paused- Improved result screen performance on some devices1.1.0:- Added a new level: Highway- Game now fills the entire screen on every aspect ratio- Fixed pedal getting stuck on some devices when tapped frequently- Better font for low resolution devices (Galaxy Mini, Galaxy Y)
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- 3d truck racing game.
- Create your own text adventures (interactive fiction).
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play through a whole career of wrestling matches featuring a va...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content