It is designed to allow quick and easy access to applications, Control Panels, Desk Accessories, Folders and other documents stored on your Macintosh, without having to navigate through several "Finder Windows" or through a multi-layered, hierarchical Apple menu.
It works by clicking on icons installed in a floating window, or dropping documents onto them. This approach is much handier than aliases that are on the desktop because the floating windows that contain the icons can never be covered by windows. HandyMan also requires a lot less desktop space than the same number of icons on the desktop.
What's new in this version:
- Timelimited version. Expires first of December.
- new website address (http://users.skynet.be/bwynants/mac/HandyMan.html)
- Trash shows items in it (Report from Ammon Skidmore)
- Improved Module Config Menu handling in MenuBarMode (Report from Peter Frings)
- Copy to clipboard added to clipping popup menu's