CNET Editors' review
This free program lets you create your own custom icons. It'll take a little time to master its tools, but it's worth the effort.
Greenfish Icon Editor Pro's user interface looked like a stripped down version of Photoshop, complete with tool and color palettes. A menu bar at the top of the window allows for easy access to its features. Immediately, we were asked what action we wanted to perform: Create a new graphic, Create a new library, Open an existing document, or Batch convert image files. We opted to first create a new graphic, which opened a new window containing a grid. Using the Rectangle and Ellipse tools, we were able to quickly draw a shape. The Color Picker palette let us easily select a color from an HSB Map, as well as a selection of swatches. But you can also create your own color formula or enter an HTML value. Our first icon masterpiece left lots to be desired, but we found ourselves getting better and better as we practiced with the tools. We were able to save the newly created icon as a JPEG, GIF, and BMP file, among others. The program's batch conversion feature was extremely intuitive. We simply clicked the Add button to browse for the files we wanted to convert, and selected the file type and save location. Our files were instantly converted to JPEGs.
The program does contain a well thought out online Help file should you need a little extra guidance. The program is ready to use once it's extracted, so it doesn't leave anything behind. We highly recommend Greenfish Icon Editor Pro for any users looking to create their own custom icons.
A professional tool for creating icons, cursors, and other small pixelgraphic images. It has a wide range of features, can handle ICO/CUR/PNG/XPM/BMP/JPEG files, can create Vista(tm)-compatible, PNG compressed icons and has many filters including Drop shadow, Glow and Bevel. Some sample documents are included. No installation required.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 11 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Pretty good, all-round icon editor."
Version: Greenfish Icon Editor Pro 2.0
Nice startup screen.
Professional quality icon-editor for free.
One of the better editors out there.
I prefer IcoFX, but they put me on a 30-day trial, so I switched to Greenfish.
A little old-fashioned.
The menus are a little confusing at first.
I used to use IcoFX, but when I updated it, they moved me into a 30-day trial that I didn't like. I went looking for alternatives and so far, Greenfish icon editor is the best I've found. Its great for making professional-looking icons, and has many advanced functions and features.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content