Green runs each received message through a set of rules and dispatches it to either "mail", "spam" or other mailbox. The default set of rules that comes with Green implements today's most popular filtering techniques: shared blacklists (including SPAMHAUS, SURBL and others), Bayesian probabilistic filtering and (if all the above failed to categorize the message) challenge-response filtering. The user then connects to the built-in POP3 server at 127.0.0.1:110 and reads the filtered mail. For a developer, or a advanced user with programming knowledge, Green offers a way to build any mail filter they can imagine. The rules are based on regular expressions (which are simpler and faster) and Python scripts (which are more complex but give unlimited flexibility). The rules can also add or remove other rules if they need to (i.e. sets of rules are self-modifying). Rules can also be manually trained by user command (useful in Bayesian filtering).
What's new in this version:
- Two minor fixes in POP3 client code:
- (1) Second outgoing connection could have been initiated to the same external POP3 server/account if the previous connection took too long (although this case has been accounted for, minor bug kept the check from working).
- (2) POP3 client kept retrying failed connection attempts too frequently.
- Several management application GUI fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Record and play calls from various instant messengers and Skype...
- Import Mac OS Entourage e-mails to Microsoft Outlook.
- Download and synchronize multimedia content with your iPod.
- Open, view, and extract data from TNEF-encoded messages.
- Send, receive & parse e-mails with your applications.
- Provide an ActiveX control which allows you to restrict access ...
- Simplify message management with IBM WMQ.
- Open and view PST format files without Microsoft Outlook.
- Convert your non-Outlook e-mails and import them into Microsoft...
- Experience and open source forum engine based on ASP.NET and SQ...
- Send, receive, amd parse e-mails with your apps.