CNET Editors' review
Golenfound's Google Maps with GPS Tracker is a small, free application that uploads your GPS position regularly via GPRS or 3G and then automatically updates your position on a Google Map display. You need a GPS device to use it, but you can download and try the GpsGate simulator software free for 14 days. Once you're familiar with Google Maps with GPS Tracker, you can buy a GPS device that suits your needs and configure the program to accept it.
A small, square, tabbed interface opened on the GPS tab, which showed blank fields. The program's Web-based documentation and assistance made the setup a snap. We clicked the Settings button and selected the GPS tab, which let us configure GPS Type, the COM Port on our PC we use to connect our GPS device, the baud rate, and kilometers or miles for distance, as well as choose to log our input. The Garmin Protocol tab lets Garmin GPS users enter their product ID, software version, and other data as well as set the protocol. The Share tab contained a single button that let us share our current location via a Web site. Activating this feature called up a slider that let us configure the time out in minutes. The first time we ran the program, we had to permit access through the Windows firewall and our other security tools, but it opened normally after that, displaying our current location with the usual indicator on a Google Map. Since our movements were within the default GPS radius, we couldn't track them, but Google Maps with GPS Tracker will get a workout on our next trip.
We could also configure Google Maps with GPS Tracker to send GPS data to a wide range of outputs, including system ports, com protocols, and even Google Earth. We tried this last option, which included a setup dialog for configuring Google Earth's settings.
From Golenfound Software:
Show your physical position in real-time on a moving Google Map. A small application on your PC uploads your GPS position periodically over either GPRS or 3G, which updates your position on a moving Google Map.
What's new in this version: Version 29.0 updates share GPS location functionality.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Calculate body mass index for women.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Calculate your BMI using a chart.
- Combine together maps, satellite imagery, GPS tracking, instant...
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Calculate body mass index for men.
- Plan your US and Canada trips.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 66 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"It does not run!"
Version: Google Maps with GPS Tracker 29.0
I Do not know
It does not work properly on Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 with Win7 Ultimate 32 Bit.
Whatever be the old or new version: It does not work properly on Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 with Win7 Ultimate 32 Bit. It's a pity.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content