CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link takes you to Google's mobile site, where you can begin the download process.
CNET Editors' review
If you don't have a map app on your smartphone, download Google Maps. Now. The free mapping app gets more powerful and indispensable with every update. It can predict your location using GPS or cell tower triangulation, and use that fix to find businesses near you and calculate directions based on your car, walking, even public transit. You'll be able to click to call locations, and send details to friends via text.
Map layers include traffic flows and points of interest on Wikipedia as you switch between satellite and map views. If you're into Google Latitude, a social networking geolocation feature, you'll also be able to track friends. The latest version of the map app can sync your favorite places on the phone and online, so you can revisit a spot on the map no matter where you are in real life. The possibilities for growing Google Maps for Mobile are endless, but we'd settle with adding voice searches next.
Google Maps for mobile is a free download that lets you view maps and satellite imagery, find local businesses, and get driving directions on your mobile device. Google Maps for Nokia/Symbian S60 has a feature to Search by Voice. It can also pinpoint your location and includes mapping layers like real-time traffic, transit lines, and Wikipedia. Since the application is designed for users on-the-go, it provides features like click-to-call and saved search history that are especially useful for mobile phone users.
What's new in this version: Version 4.1 added Search by voice feature.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Combine together maps, satellite imagery, GPS tracking, instant...
- Plan your US and Canada trips.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Access information about Indian Railways from your Windows 8 PC...
- Create, convert, and plan your route for trip.
- Customize your Google Earth experience with enhanced map layers...
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Map several addresses on one Google Map layout and save results...
- View Bing maps in 3D, tour and save collections to video.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 27 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content